Poll: which?!
Poll Options
View poll results: which?!
bass on top
6 43%
bass on bottom
8 57%
Voters: 14.
wellz after the recent build of double necks i realized man... thats freakin awesome. so i myself decided to build a double neck. half strat half p or jazz bass(ima need suggestions). Im still not sure which to put on top or bottom.

specs

strat:
body- basswood
neck-maple w/ maple fretboard
tuners: grover locking
Pup: not sure but need sum kind of bluesy/ hardrock HSS config(suggestions plz)
bridge steel 2 point trem off GFS
strat style knobs
graphtech nut and saddles
dunlop straplocks

p/ j bass( not sure which i should go with(i want sumthing versitile cause im not a bass play but love the sound)
body- gonna find off ebay
neck maple w/ maple fretboard off guitarpartsonline.com
tuners stander elephant ear bass tuners
pup not sure cause i dont play bass
knobs:going to wire up with strat style
graph tech nut
bridge- standard fender bass bridge with cover
dunlop straplocks
Quote by AmericanParadox
cuztomizing guitars = best thing in the world. Better than sex.

GB&C RULES

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Boss Ds-1
Digitech RP55
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Ibanez Fz7 Fuzz
Marshall MG10CD 40W
Modded POS Strat
also... i dont really actually know any1 one UG but is there anyone1 that can maybe give me discouns like on allparts or warmoth or any other hardware/ replacement necks and body sites?
Quote by AmericanParadox
cuztomizing guitars = best thing in the world. Better than sex.

GB&C RULES

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Boss Ds-1
Digitech RP55
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Ibanez Fz7 Fuzz
Marshall MG10CD 40W
Modded POS Strat
Definitely bass on top. I play bass and guitar and I always prefer to wear my bass higher. It makes it easier to slap, and since the neck is longer it helps to have it closer to your shoulder.
I suggest you make the body yourself if you have the tools. It will be a nicer looking final product than gluing a bass and guitar together. There are a few people here who give discounts for allparts.
wellz i want to build it buti dont have a router or bandsaw or anything along the lines of cutting and routing and im too poor to get it and the closest thing i can use would ba a hacksaw and belt snder... but that would take ages. also should i make a pickguard or find one online? if i make it how hard is it and what tools do i need?
A bandsaw or at least a jigsaw would be helpful.
A router is almost essential.
A planer or joiner if you are starting from rough stock.

Even if you buy bodies, you are going to have to cut and join them. It can be done with a hacksaw and beltsander, but it will be much more difficult to get good results. For joining two pieces of wood, you need as straight and smooth a surface as possible. That's not easy with a hacksaw. Even a hand plane would help tremendously. It can be done without the usual tools, but it's not for the faint of heart: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1153678