Tubes don't NEED to be high tech, they're very simple, and no tube will ever come close to N.O.S tubes.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
it's the 30yr out of date technology in tubes that gives them their sound! if you purely want to amplify a sound then you don't use tubes, the point is they are so outdated and backward technology that they have a vintage feel.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by Jesstaa
Tubes don't NEED to be high tech, they're very simple, and no tube will ever come close to N.O.S tubes.

actually, what's so great about NOS tubes?
not anything against you, but i have always wondered why people say that they are better. were they made in a different way before? or do tubes age and sound better? or are the materials different?
srry for being a t00b n00b
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Yeah...those tubes look interesting (been watching them for about a year now). They're having microphonics issues with them and said something to the effect of "well, microphonics just adds character, right?" after trying unsuccessfully for a year to fix them. My BS detector is going off...if they work well, great then...but I'm not holding my breath.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quote by Jesstaa

Sorry, but I don't agree with you at all.

I happen to prefer JJs to VOS Mullards.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
dick balls Im using nos now! thought it might be interesting to hear these tubes, you never know they might sound better then anything out. Most new tubes dont sound that great when you compare them at high volume. I can tell for sure, I right now am using a telefunken in the v1,bought used and a RFT in v1 an a tele in the v3 it gives my amp a better crunch. i could use a stock in v1 and then the nos and it will sound pretty good. If you put 10 tubes out and then try each one only a few will sound good! Some tubes will sound different in other amps
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster
Last edited by ksmc at Jul 3, 2009,
Quote by ldnovelo
actually, what's so great about NOS tubes?
not anything against you, but i have always wondered why people say that they are better. were they made in a different way before? or do tubes age and sound better? or are the materials different?
srry for being a t00b n00b

most sound better and there better made and last alot longer, not harsh sounding
tone slut

Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier
jet City 2112 Combo
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender Classic Vibe Telecaster