I have been playing for about 3 years now, and I am getting a bit experienced, I play all types of rock, NOT METAL, and I am ready for a new axe....

...My price range is $200us, so what do you suggest?
Funny

(\__/)
(='o'=)
(")_(")
Will you go used? Is there any chance of increasing that budget at all?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Well used is okay as long as the body is decent, and I suppose $250 TOPS, this is money I don't have yet, but I want to start saving for one.
Funny

(\__/)
(='o'=)
(")_(")
hmm theres not anything worth getting in that price range new, you might be able to find an ibanez artcore used for close to that if you dont mind hollow body?
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
dont get a $250 dollar guitar. if you have been playing for 3 years save up. and get something nicel. you wont regret it.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Is it MIM? May I recommend trading it or selling it first? 250 bucks won't get you much decent gear. maybe a cheap ibanez is the best you can do with 250 bucks.. Used opens a lot of doors intot he 400 dollar range where guitars get good. in this economy, used is the best way to go. people sell stuff for cheaper than usual. Go for an ibby or LTD. Good cheap axes.

Or you could just buy a new pickguard with humbucker slots and buy pickups.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Behringer V-Tone, but mostly I use a small 30w fullerton practice amp

Also, I would prefer that it is something that i could customize...
Funny

(\__/)
(='o'=)
(")_(")
If you've been playing for 3 years you'll want more than a $250 guitar. Find a used 400 series LTD, Ibanez RG, or Schecter. These should be the best value within your price
range.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
what kind of strat is it? is it a Squier or a Fender? is it a different brand?

you need at least $400-$500 to get something decent used.
bite the bullet and start saving up.....
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
whats your amp?

EDIT: forget my question,

actually i would reccomend a good amp and a decent guitar,
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1370.html
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Vypyr-15-15W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482908#new
agiles are the only decent guitars you can get new and for under $200 i can remember. and the vypyr will be much better than your amp.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Jul 2, 2009,
try to save up a little more or pray to god you get lucky and find one that cheap
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinsk8r91
practice young padawan and your fingers strong they will one day be, HMMMmmm.

this
you've been playing for 3 yrs now.. i think it's time for you to upgrade your gear completely....

how badly do you want new gear?
try and save up till black friday. you can get some CRAZY deals in Guitar Center if you can wait and play your cards right man. think about it....
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
$200 should not be your budget unless you have a few guitars..

I would love to recommend something..but I cant think of anything you
wouldnt outgrow. Save a lil more.

I do think an Ibanez HSS would suit you.
Or an V-shaped Mohagany model with High output humbuckers.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
You're going to want to save up more and read a lot about the guitars you're interested in before you buy. Personally I'd recommend a Univox Hi Flyer (Not an Eastwood Hi Flyer, Those aren't as good) Just to be different but you go with what you want.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Wow 200$ dude even if u don't play metal you should still spend more than 200 because if u have been playing 3 years u deserve a guitar about 600$+ i have a B.C. Rich , Fender Stratocaster and Epiphone Les Paul and i haven t even played 2 years yet but i sound like i have played longer because i practice so much

But if you want an acoustic sound Gibson's are great as far as rock goes try not to forget you don't always need a new guitar maybe try getting different pickups like the Seymour Duncan invaders im getting are perfect for metal and humbuckers like fender offer a sweet tone or maybe try a different amp Marshall's are amazing for a clean warm tone or a heavy rock soloing or even heavier for metal i use a MG100HDFX and i plays amazing for blues jazz rock and metal no pedals just the amp and my guitars so research some
Variety and passion to dominate all
$200 really isn't much man, especially since you've been playing for 3 years. Heck, my MIM Strat was like $400. It's time to upgrade, not downgrade! And what specifically do you play mainly? Rock is an infinitely big genre. Try narrowing it down a bit.
Get a job and save up. If no jobs, just find odd jobs. Painting houses, mowing lawns. You know, manual labor kinda stuff.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Andybren8690
Well, I think I'm going with an Epiphone Dot and I am gonna install a bigsby

i honestly think you're doing a big mistake. your not really upgrading with an epiphone dot, more like going sideways. and it'll cost alot of money to install a bigsby. with all the money you're gonna waste, you could find a quality guitar that'll far out do the epiphone. but it's your call...
Quote by metaldud536

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
Agile is the obvious choice here. Go to www.rondomusic.com. Also, how would you get an epi dot w/ bigsby for 200? The Dot alone is 400 last time I checked.
Firefly > You

Trumpet Alliance
Quote by Andybren8690
Well used is okay as long as the body is decent, and I suppose $250 TOPS, this is money I don't have yet, but I want to start saving for one.

Save up! You can't get a good guitar for that much. Save up 500-600 dollars and buy something good. You are a very experienced player and deserve something good.
I'm with you on the NOT METAL. For $200 you would have to run into some good deals. Start going to yard sales and flea markets and one day you might run into something, it worked for me like 3 or 4 times. Don't expect to find a specific guitar you want for that price though. I agree on saving the money for something better.
Quote by Andybren8690
Well, I think I'm going with an Epiphone Dot and I am gonna install a bigsby

Save up for an Epiphone Sheraton II instead.