Hey guys!!

I'm getting a sweet deal on a used original Peavey 5150 Halfstack ($500 for head and cab!)

Currently i own a L6 Spider Valve 212 which i am not too happy with. I used to own a 5150 halfstack back in college and loved it to death but do remember it having some hiss on hi gain and not a wonderful clean channel.

I don't want to lose this deal but i will need delay, reverb, comp, and noise gate, vintage OD.
I could go purist and get stomp boxes, or i thought i could get a Digitech RP1000 and use the 4 cable method. That way i could get all my clean sounds from the RP and use the lead channel of the 5150. I am concerned about tone loss, coloration of the 5150 tone from the RP and any noise issues.

It does seem like a very convenient one stop solution!!

If i go with stompboxes, do u think a Tech 21 Blonde character series pedal set to clean would improve the clean of the 5150 ?

What should i do guys ?

Cheers

F
the Clean channel is still usable tho

and i would go with stompboxes.

and sell your SpiderVALVE and buy a Fender Blues Junior or a Vox AC25/30 for your cleans
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jul 2, 2009,
didn't even read your post.

stomp boxes.

If not, get a rack multi FX or something
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
I have a RP250 kicking around...

got tired of its "marginal" effects capabilities and now only use it for its drum machine

buy stomp boxes. way better quality
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
get that 5150 NOWWWW before its too late... 500 for both head and cab... i was thinking of spending liek700 just on a head.... NOWW i say
Quote by Slash25
look for any true bypass stomp box

This is a silly statement.

There are tons of cheap/awful true bypass pedals, and an equal number of great buffered pedals.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I really like Multi effects pedals..but they usually only reproduce the effects with a grade
of B+ at highest when compared to the original. There are also so many combinations
of effects that they can't be all tested. So some effects do not work together.

I have a Jimi Hendrix Experience pedal because I found one that was only 1/4 the price of the Univibe. It all depends on your needs though. I use a Starcaster chorus pedal from Target because I only need a use a touch of chorus. If chorus was the core of my tone...It wouldnt work.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett