I have a Line-6 Echo Park (it was a present...) Delay, and I was trying to figure out how to create different layers to play over, much like a simple looping/rhythm station. It starts out fine, but then the loop begins to distort and phase out and eventually just turns to a nasty mush. Is there any way to make a good loop/layer with a simple delay pedal?
Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.
That's because of how you're using it.

With the Echo Park, to make it into a looper, you're going to need to do something key.

Set the tap to where it will repeat once you are done playing it, set the repeats to infinity, but most importantly TURN OFF THE PEDAL WHEN YOU'RE DONE PLAYING THE LINE. You're going to want it on Digital with no modulation. You need the trails to be on.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
not really, youd need a loop station for that. closest thing you could get to is turning the feedback all the way up so when you play something it doesnt die out, then play over that. but the problem with that is it doesnt work as a loop well.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
That's the nature of delay pedals. I don't know much about the Echo Park but if it has a digital delay setting, put it on that because it might do the trick. That's why looping and delay have different pedals, they do different things. Delay mimics the sound of old fashioned tape delays which do fade out and "mush up" and this is part of their charm. You might just have to buy a loop station. Either that or record yourself on your computer and solo over that
My Gear
Fender Player's Stratocaster
MXR 10-Band EQ
Blackstar HT-Dual
Moog MF-103 12-Stage Phaser
Boss ME-50
MXR Carbon Copy
Peavey Valveking 112
unless the pedal has an actual looping function, then the only way is with feedback or repeats set to infinity which results in everything be looped and will just sound like mush
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by druz15_UG
unless the pedal has an actual looping function, then the only way is with feedback or repeats set to infinity which results in everything be looped and will just sound like mush

Not if you play one line and turn on the bypass.

The one line you played will then delay infinite times and then you'll be playing in the bypass, which would obviously mean what you're playing is not going to be delayed.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by lordofthefood1
Not if you play one line and turn on the bypass.

The one line you played will then delay infinite times and then you'll be playing in the bypass, which would obviously mean what you're playing is not going to be delayed.

I already HAVE an infinite hold!
I want a real looper.