Well, I have a bit of a problem, I want two of the things above, but I don't know which to get?

UG, help me out here.

I'm looking for all this stuff under 400.

Looking at an Omen 7 for a 7 string, either a Blackheart with overdrive pedal or a BlackStar without, or pretty much any nice bass amp that you can recommend.

I want to get a 7 string for low tunings and the extra range, along with recording original songs and experimental music.

I heard that tube amps are good, but I know little to nothing about them, so I don't know the pros/cons of these, so if they can be explained I would be happy (:

I do play through a bass amp now, which is why I would like to stay with a bass amp because of the tones I can get out of it.

I play mostly metal, punk, prog, and rock, so these would all be helpful.
I'm not in a serious gigging band, but I play guitar and bass with a friend, so a bass amp probably would be more useful than a tube.
When I do record, it's directly into my computer, so the amp doesn't have any effect.

Thanks everyone (:
Well a bass amp can handle bass and guitar where as a guitar amp will be massacred by a bass, so between those two I'd say the bass amp. As for the 7 string, it's hard to decide between the two.
get a tube bass amp!

well if you're gonna use it in the standard tuning for a 7 string i think a guitar amp can handle a low b. i use a peavey bandit and a metal muff and it sounds great imo

EDIT: i didn't see the part about the bass. in that case my brother has an Acoustic b100 and i think it sounds good(i was just strumming to check if i had wired everything right as i was swapping pups in 2 guitars, but it sounds good on bass), but we may not share the same opinion. that and it's cheap

link
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Last edited by skwelcher at Jul 2, 2009,
Quote by pwrmax
Well a bass amp can handle bass and guitar where as a guitar amp will be massacred by a bass, so between those two I'd say the bass amp. As for the 7 string, it's hard to decide between the two.

That's what I was thinking, the hard decision is between the 7-string and the amp though, because my current guitar has a floyd rose, so I would never get down to uber low tunings, which the 7 string could take and whatnot, but my amp is honestly crap, so that needs to be updated.

...decisions...

@ Above, I play bass too.

Bass + Guitar amp = no amp.