So im working on getting my setup where i want it, and im wondering if i should venture into the world of racks. Ive heard several people say "never get rack gear unless you gig 24/7" but the convenience sounds like it would amazing in the studio (where i am most the time, or transferring from studio to studio). this is sorta a budget project that i'd like to add on to slowly.

Ive heard about these power conditioners, ive googled, and i think i understand them. At home, i get a slight grounding hum from the outlets in my studio. This would fix this right? also, does this protect my amps/effects from power surges? power surges happen all the time here, we've replaced two computers and numerous phones over the past 5-6 years because of this, and yes, it is the power too, not just the phone line ****ing it over.

how's this? LINKY LINKY

now then, im also looking for an EQ of some sort, i'd prefer to have more than one channel so i can have a setting for electric and another for accoustic/piezo equipped electric, or have two so i can have one for after the guitar before the preamp and then another before the power amp. The next amp i get will be a egnater rebel 20 or 30, for studio use. i would be getting a seperate power/pre amp any time soon.

i have no clue where to start on an eq, it would be nice to also be able to use it for voice too.

that's all i can think of right now, i have access to an 6 or 7 space rack box for next to nothing, that's not a problem, i may add a wireless system later, but not now. the only other thing would be drawer for my stomp boxes, i got that covered.

this would be great because i would have extra space to fit the amp in the rack, so whenever i moved to a different location, all im carrying is my guitars, a cab, and the rack box, with the head inside.

thoughts? any help is appreciated.

tl;Dr: suck my dick
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Keep in mind racks are FREAKING HEAVY. I had to move my school's rack once and it was hell. I think it was 100+ lbs.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Keep in mind racks are FREAKING HEAVY. I had to move my school's rack once and it was hell. I think it was 100+ lbs.

i understand, i'd rather have one 100lb rack on wheels, and only have two things to keep up with for my amplification (cab+rack) than have a pedalboard, extra picks/tools drawer, power supply, amp, and cab all in seperate containers.

im prone to loosing things.

edit- idk if it matters much, but the rack case im getting is light as hell, probably not more than 10-12 pounds.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Last edited by conor1148 at Jul 2, 2009,
anyone else? sorry to bump.. im just looking for some answers.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.