Page 1 of 2
Soo im gonna buy a few pedals this summer and i already have 3 pedals right now.
i have a/an:
DOD YJM 308 Overdrive - Works fine for me, it helps me boost my blackheart in to early Metallica stuff, but i wanna replace it and the lack of an LED light annoys me.

EHX Metal Muff - If i want to go play some modern stuff then i use this but it gets muddy

Behringer Wah and Multi FX - what do you think i do with it?? ........Paperweight

im planning to spend about $350 for pedals, im going to go used

im looking at a good delay, replacement OD, a tuner, and prolly a phaser and a chorus.
and im also looking at a good power supply.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jul 2, 2009,
OD - Fulltone OCD, Bad Monkey, Klon Centaur (lol) Paul Cochrane Timmy, Maxon OD808

Delay - DigiTech Hardwire DL-8, Eventide Timefactor, Ibanez AD9, Boss DD-7, Line 6 DL4, TC Electronic Nova Delay

Personally I love my Hardwire DL-8 and Bad Monkey. With the Hardwire you have a bunch of features packed in and all of them sound good. Has a switch between a buffer and true bypass (buffer has repeats when the pedal is off, whereas true bypass kills them) up to 8 seconds delay (more than you will ever need) and a 20 second looper, which is good for practice. Simulates analog, tape and lo-fi delays.

The BM is great as a clean boost or adding a bit of hair to the clean channel, very transparent OD... good for pushing the amp over the edge for solos, or just tightening things up for br00t4l1ty.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Jul 2, 2009,
Quote by Raijouta
OD - Fulltone OCD, Bad Monkey, Klon Centaur (lol) Paul Cochrane Timmy, Maxon OD808
Delay - DigiTech Hardwire DL-8, Eventide Timefactor, Ibanez AD9, Boss DD-7, Line 6 DL4, TC Electronic Nova Delay

i have a budget ya know

its 350 for all...... im poor
feel free to add me
Sell all of those.

Get a Dano Transparent OD, a Digitech TL-2, a Boss DD-7, and a EHX Small Stone.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
i have a budget ya know

its 350 for all...... im poor

So go with a Hardwire DL-8, used OCD, used Small Clone and maybe a Small Stone? I hate my Phase 90, it's way too in-your-face and it pops.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Bad monkey. Ce5 chorus ensemble is good if you can tweak it and if you want a simple delay get a delay lab dd1 digital delay but it only has 600ms of delay and no looping but I don't need that so it's fine for me. Mxr phase 90 not the evh one or get the behringer vp1 vintage phaser which Is quite good for the price

Bad monkey $50
Dd1 delay $60
Vp1 $30
Ce5 $90
----------
total $230. With tax $250 or if you buy them at guitarcenter.com free shipping
Last edited by Deanguitarist39 at Jul 2, 2009,
Ibanez LU-20 Chromatic Tuner... True Bypass, only $39. I have it, it has a nice big bright display. Made of all metal, cept for the pedal itself that pushes the switch down, that's plastic.
Quote by Mitchell?
Sell all of those.

Get a Dano Transparent OD, a Digitech TL-2, a Boss DD-7, and a EHX Small Stone.

isint the Dano an OCD clone or is it a TS9 clone??
feel free to add me
The Transparent OD is a Timmy clone. Also, for a tuner, Korg Pitchblack ftw.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
well, onespot or power-all will be on your list of budget power supplies.

For a tuner are you looking for a stompbox or you could go the cheapway and if you have a pedal that has a stereo output you can stick a regular 20 dollar tunner on your pedal board, that way it doesnt suck your tone. Also you gotta buy some patch cables. I think Used666 is on these boards as well, if not look for him on HC, he makes patch cables with mogami and neutrik cheap. What kind of delay are you looking for, i currently use an echopark and it serves well, little noise (this guy needs its own power supply though), no tone sucking, very versatile, they run about 60-70 on ebay. I dont know about chorus and od.
The Ibanez is an awesome tuner pedal. As for OD, get the Danelectro CC Drive and Trans-OD, both great pedals I'll be getting soon, and hopefully a Badmonkey aswell.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
isint the Dano an OCD clone or is it a TS9 clone??

The older ones are Timmy clones, IIRC.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
and im also thinking about buying an AMT Legend Amps B-1 (Uberschall in a pedal) because my Blackheart does not have much gain for what i play, but if the guy with the Peavey Butcher finally wants to trade then i might buy the Dano.

and for delay im only looking for a simple one but i can live with some features digital delays have
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
and im also thinking about buying an AMT Legend Amps B-1 (Uberschall in a pedal) because my Blackheart does not have much gain for what i play, but if the guy with the Peavey Butcher finally wants to trade then i might buy the Dano.

and for delay im only looking for a simple one but i can live with some features digital delays have

For a simple delay get a delta lab dd1 digital delay. You can achieve a modulation delay effect by turning the level up. There still is a modulation effect and I love it. It's a great simple delay and I use mine all the time. Look up the echo song by paul Gilbert that is the maximum delay time you can have but you probally dot need any longer than that anyway
Good modulation effects and delays cost a pretty penny. Either up your budget, eliminate some categories or you will end up with 5 more Behringers.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Good modulation effects and delays cost a pretty penny. Either up your budget, eliminate some categories or you will end up with 5 more Behringers.

i could up it some more if i could sell my all of the pedals i have now
feel free to add me
^^ don't sell your pedals. I made you a good list but if you are willing to spend more I'll give you more suggestions
I would honetsly sell all of your current pedals (except maybe the MM if you really need it) and invest in a couple of quality pedals instead.
EDIT: You should prioritize. What do you need the most? Don't worry about a powersupply at this stage, a powerbar is all you need.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Last edited by Dr.Pain-MD at Jul 2, 2009,
I also think you should sell all your pedals and start anew...except maybe keep the YJM, I don't know how handy you are with electronics but there are some mods for that pedal that greatly improve it. I'm getting mine very soon and am planning to mod it.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
^ im ok with electronics and if you can show me how i would greatly aprecciate it

and i think i only need a tuner, a delay an a boost for my amp
i can live without the phaser and stuff
feel free to add me
Korg Pitchblack for the tuner.
Digitech Hardwire DL8 for the delay.
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 for OD/boost.
EDIT: Unless you are playing live, a pedal tuner is pretty unnecessary.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Do you have an EQ pedal????
If not, look into a MXR 6-band

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by mmolteratx
Change the Op-Amp, the diodes, input cap, etc.
This guy gives a few ideas and schematics. http://www.bossarea.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5186

Totally different pedal, bro. Changing the opamp will do almost nothing for the sound. The other mods will, but still...

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Totally different pedal, bro. Changing the opamp will do almost nothing for the sound. The other mods will, but still...

The YJM308 is a modified 250.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
The YJM308 is a modified 250.

Huh... You live you learn.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by acdcrocks0323
How much do you want fot the YJM? I might be interested if you are selling.

still thinking about selling.....

and i'll try to do the mod, thanks guys
feel free to add me
Quote by jc349
Do you have an EQ pedal????
If not, look into a MXR 6-band

Yes lets suggest a cliched pedal that he hasn't even asked about.

Don't suggest things just because people talk about them alot.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
^ Actually, very few people talk about the 6-band. Everyone loves the 10-band though.
Quote by Mitchell?
^ Actually, very few people talk about the 6-band. Everyone loves the 10-band though.

Same difference, he didn't suggest the 10 band cos of the budget.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
You're one of those 'Anti-bangwagon' bangwagoners, aren't you?

There is quite a difference between the 6-band & the 10-band.
Quote by Mitchell?
You're one of those 'Anti-bangwagon' bangwagoners, aren't you?

There is quite a difference between the 6-band & the 10-band.

4 bands?

Sorry.
Sell all of your pedals, start selling drugs.... buy an eventide eclispe....
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

Quote by unet
4 bands?

Sorry.

I know, it doesn't seem much, the main difference is what the bands actually are.
OD: i got nothing lol. the fuzz factory by Zvex will make ur amp sound awesome for modern rock songs like stockholm syndrome
Delay: Line 6 DL4 or Boss DD-3/7
Phaser; MXR phase 90
Tuner: Fender ST-1 Stage Tuner. Trust me its the best one and you can order it from ebay or the fender site for under 20$
idk about chorus
OD: I'd suggest the Bad Monkey, It's nothing special, but a nice transparent OD.
Delay: I'm a fan of the Digitech Digidelay, I'm probably the only one, but I like it.
Phaser: I like the Noble's Phaser that I'm using, not sure how well it'll take abuse on the rode, but its got metal casing & sounds pretty good IMO
Chorus: Ummmmm, again I'll suggest what I'm using, an Aria Chorus, personally I like it, but looking into the DOD Ice Box Stereo Chorus is an idea, I liked that one.
Tuner: I'll agree with the Korg tuner, Korg make nice tuners
Page 1 of 2