45 18%
Only my originals
13 5%
No parents :'(
4 2%
Voters: 252.
Page 1 of 3
Do your parents like your music?

It seems like I'm always posting in B&A that, "Oh, my mum loves when I play this music, she likes his voice, she thinks he is cute, etc." So it gets me thinking to the rest of the pit...
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Meh my dad listens to Pink Floyd, RHCP and Lynyrd Skynyrd. Other than that, those are pretty much the only similarities between our music.
My dad listens to Van Halen and Chickenfoot pretty much exclusively and my mom likes 80s pop and rock so I guess there's some similarities.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Me and my father have very similar classic rock tastes, but very different modern rock tastes.

My mom doesn't care what I play and/or listen to.
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
I like heavy metal. My dad is a cowboy and loves Zydeco music. He's just not a fan of Megadeth.
My parents aren't interested in my music to be honest.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
The stuff my mum likes that I play all the time;

Julio Iglasias
John Mayer
Eric clapton
Enrique iglasias (sp)
Sia
Pink Floyd
The cranberries
Gary moore
Satriani

My dad pretty much likes every I play on guitar and listen to. He doesn't like hip-hop/rap or heavy metal like pantera.
My dad raised me on his music (classic rock) so of course we have a bunch of similarities but if he heard some of the stuff i listened to now, he would hate it. I mean, he hates anything as heavy as iron maiden.
Quote by Mr.hurricane
Music we make or music we listen to?

Listen to. The one option is for "only the music we make"
Now say his name.....
Quote by mmolteratx
My dad listens to Van Halen and Chickenfoot pretty much exclusively and my mom likes 80s pop and rock so I guess there's some similarities.

So you mean until this year he listened exclusively to Van Halen? Must have been pretty boring

My mom likes a lot of the same music I like, but whn I start listening to a lot of pretty intense modern rock she doesn't like it so much.

My dad always asks me "What shite is that you have on now?", in a joking way of course.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
my dad listens to stuff like neil young and pink floyd, he knows nothing about creating music but enjoys listening to it...

my mum listens to 1950's slow jazz and stuff like that because she can sing a little bit...

my stepdad has played guitar/piano/harmonica his whole life so he will listen to anything i put in front of him for at least one playing through no matter what he thinks of it....
Quote by Bubban
I once had a sudden urge to rape sheep in Scotland after watching CNN, that was pretty freaky.
my dad's favorite artist is Bruce Springsteen
my favorite artist is Bruce Springsteen
we quite enjoy each others tastes in tunes
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Dad likes some metal, mostly progressive rock. (He's going to see Opeth + Dream Theater with me ) and mum listens to modern pop =/
Quote by gjvx
Damn you Spicer001, I'll get you for this...

[GT]Spicer001 of the UG Gaming Force
Oh, hm, I must say that I only voted for my mum. My dad hates a lot of the music I listen to because it is either "too whiny" (pop-punk stuff) or "gives me a headache" (any post-rock or most metal/hardcore).

Hmmmm.
Now say his name.....
My dad likes a lot of older stuff like The Beatles and Neil Young, etc. But he enjoys Wilco and Ryan Adams as well for modern stuff. He's into alt-country which I'm not too into. I like Ryan Adams though.

For my music, I show him some math rock stuff, and try to show him a Fall of Troy song or two, but he doesn't like it much. I don't blame him... I complelely see where he's coming from. He does like my music though.

My mom likes some stuff I listen to like Sigur Ros and This Will Destroy You. She despises The Fall of Troy or TNTLLY. Again... don't blame her.
I play anything I listen to, so that would have to account for my whole playlist of death metal/ thrash metal.

Yeah, they dig it.
the music i listen to they think its satanic
the music i play they tell me stop playin that demonic music my mom even told me shes goin to bring a preist bless the house XD
╔══╗╔══╦╗╔══╦╗═╬╔╦═╦══╗
║═╬╠╩╗╔╬╣║╔═╣╚╦═╬╣╚╬╗╔╝
║╔╗║║║║║║║╚═╣║║╔╣╠╗║║║║
╚╝╚╩╩╩╝╚╝╚══╩╩╩╝╚╩═╝╚╝╬
My dad was blasting Isis in the basement the other day. That kinda weirded me out because I listen to Isis and my dad never listened to metal in the past.
Every time Amon Amarth comes on my mom says "YOU CALL THAT **** MUSIC?!"

And I'm like "Yes, mommy..."

Quote by 1201ZJ
Well this calls for a beer, Uncle-Dad Cletus!

Quote by EchoxOath
HAAAAA! Jokes on you! I high fived you with the hand i fapped with!
My dad likes django reinhardt (plays a lot of his stuff on guitar too) , a lot of blues stuff, tom waits and led zep and thinks zappa is awesome

My mum came into my room and asked me 'what's all the screaming and shouting' when i was playing a the first song on 'weasles ripped my flesh' by zappa hahaha xD
My dad listens to AC/DC and such, my mom listens to Hawksley Workman and Justin Plett, I listen to varying types. It gets quite annoying when they see somebody with a guitar on t.v. or any random musician and expect me to know of them and like them, although 95% of the time I have never heard of them.
yup. ha my dad gave me my first cd's when i was 8 or 9, godsmack's first cd, life is peach by korn, and welcome to planet motherf*cker by white zombie. plus he listens to snoop dogg. ha there's never been a music issue with him
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
My dad and I listen to classic rock quite a bit when were in the car. For the most part he's not a huge fan of the modern music I listen too (alternative, indie, post-rock, etc.). I don't really like most of the stuff my mom listens too, but she seems to enjoy most of the stuff I play when were in the car together. Both my parents are pretty supportive of my music I make and whatnot.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Turkeyburger
My dad listens to AC/DC and such, my mom listens to Hawksley Workman and Justin Plett, I listen to varying types. It gets quite annoying when they see somebody with a guitar on t.v. or any random musician and expect me to know of them and like them, although 95% of the time I have never heard of them.

Dude i hate that to!
My dad listens to Opeth, Lamb of God, Pink Floyd, Blink 182, and I've reciently got him into Portugal. The Man. He actully gets a lot of the music he listens to from me. My mom doens'y really care what I listen to, but all she listens to is mainstream radio-rock
No, my parents do not. My mom is okay with me playing it but of course she doesn't like the songs, and my dad hates it more than my mom does.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
nope. They don't hate it, but don't listen to metal.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
My parents like some of my taste, but lately since i have been getting into prog rock and jam bands, my mom has been shying away but her boyfriend is the one that inspired my love for progressive rock and jam so yeah
My parents don't mention it, but when asked by other people they say they hate it.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Both my parents like my Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, etc.

My mom hates my metal, but my dad really likes my prog metal, because it's more musical apparently than my other stuff. I found out he liked it when I came home one day and "Informal Gluttony" was blaring in my living room's surround sound system. He's taken my BTBAM and Opeth CD's numerous times to listen to when he goes in his truck, and now they seem to never be there when I want them.

Pat_s1EDIT: Oh yeah, he also loves Pantera, but only the "Cowboys From Hell" album. He also like my insturmental stuff, like Vai, Satch and Gilbert.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Jul 2, 2009,
They don't really care. For some reason neither one of them really listens to music on a regular basis which I find mind-boggling. They're completely indifferent to what I listen to, although neither my brother or my sister like any of it either. Whatever.
My dad likes older rock bands, and Iron Maiden. My mom likes Queen and only a few metal songs (Dream Theater, HammerFall, Iron Maiden). The similarites end when it comes to the thrash stuff... and they don't like death metal/black metal. Actually i don't even think my mom even knows i listen to that stuff.
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Page 1 of 3