I've just received a Korg DT-10 in the mail which I bought over Ebay. The unit powers up and seems to operate fine, but so far it's notoriously unreliable when i stomp on the footswitch, it has barely ever switched into tuning mode. I've tried it with batteries, new and old, to see if that is the problem, as well as with a power supply.

At this stage I'm assuming there's something up with the footswitch itself, but does anyone else have any other suggestions? And if so, what's the best way to go about trying to fix it?
Check to see you are using an instrument cable. The DT10 does not work with TRS cables (I found out the hard way).

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Check to see you are using an instrument cable. The DT10 does not work with TRS cables (I found out the hard way).

Hmm, well since my first post I've found I can get it to work if I press the calibrate button a few times before i hit the footswitch, but it's still not 100% reliable. What's the difference between a standard 1/4" cable and a TRS, and what effect do they have on the tuner?
An instrument cable is mono and does not have the ring. A TRS cable is stereo and has the ring. The DT10 just straight up does not work with a TRS cable.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.