hell no. also, Fender amps probably aren't the best for metal IMO.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
btw im looking for a great amp that ill play with for years loud enough for bars and what not
Quote by Disobey666
does the gallen kruger sound better?

Yes
or you may want to look at the Kustom Groove C 310 combo, it is a High wattage SS amp that would be better suited for bar gigs and it has plenty of bells and whistles and one thing for sure it will last for a long time.and is louder than you will ever need to use it in any bar or night club.and has XLR direct outputs to di to a PA system.
much better all round amp than the fender or the GK or anything else in its price range
but about the only place you can stilll get them is www.musiciansfriend.com but shipping is free right now so you may want to get in on that while you can.
Founding Member and President of UG Geezer Guild
Last edited by SoundManMike at Jul 3, 2009,
I like Ashdown too in fact I am wanting a little giant 350 head and a lot more lighter than the Kustom too but THe Kustom would still be the best all round bang for the buck; it packs a lot more power and head room than you can get from any thing else in its price range plus it has all the features as any of the Ashdowns +
But thats just me YMMV
Founding Member and President of UG Geezer Guild
Quote by Disobey666
oh btw does any one know of some amazing sounding practice amps?
Please don't triple post. The edit button is there for a reason .

But to answer your question I will say the Orange Crush Series. I have the 35b and it's great IMO.

stratkat
Quote by Disobey666
but my friend told me rumble series are really ****ty

Yes they are.
alright ive just been really carfull cause i wanna get an amp im gunna love for years because ive been bugging my parents for like a year5 about getting one so i want to make it last
If you want a good amp that will last, save up. The Kustom is good, the Ashdown is good, the Bassman is good, but not the best. Save up a good amount of money and consider going used.

Also, there is no such thing as an amazing practice amp.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
you could save up anther $150 an d get a 250 watt version of a bassman, i love their tone and i played in a bar last night and it was more than loud enough plus it got an xlr output so you can go into the pa if they have one
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by Disobey666

they have a 115 too, which is cheaper. That way, you can eventually get the 410 if you want it. And if you ever decide to upgrade to a stack, you'll already have a 410