Hey,im thinking about taking prs se in to get it set up.I heard you should once a year or something. I was wondering whats involved in getting it setup, what do they do to it?

im also thinking about putting chrome pickup covers on it ,what do you think?....and do you think i should replace the pickups in my ibanez?(its the one from the starter kit)
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Last edited by Rocketface2112 at Jul 2, 2009,
Your suppose to set it up every time you change your string gauge.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
I've never had a guitar professionaly set up, it usually stays the same as long as I dont remove parts or jack with the action or innotation. If its new then it might need to be set up, but you can really do it at home, its faily easy to do, you just need to have a good ear.

EDIT: I would change the pickups in the Ibanez, and if you want chrome covers for your prs then go for it, but after playing a PRS I dont know why you would even touch a beginner ibanez ever agian.
Last edited by ethan_hanus at Jul 2, 2009,
Dont spend the money on getting a setup, i did several years ago and it was a waste of money. You should google it. That is what I did and now I do it every time i change strings. It takes a little longer while changing strings but it is worth it.
well my ear sucks and i put thicker gauge strings on it a while ago and the bridge tilted up, i fixed it but it seems like it goes out of tune more then it did when i first got it. i could be wrong tho

the ibanez is just sitting there collecting dust. i love how it feels, it just sounds bad....we'll see ill look into GFS pickups
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice