Page 1 of 2
What theyre doing is different to what regular Guitar Hero players do, but i guess its still dumb
Oh **** I gotta do vibrato
Yah, it's not like they modded the guitar hero controllers to be midi controllers so they can play actual notes and compose their own music.

O WAIT, THEY DID. This isn't guitar hero players calling themselves musicians, please try and mislead people that don't read the article more next time.
It's not as bad as it could be. But still pretty damn pretentious and annoying.
The playground of the world
they should..... go kill themselves.....
░░▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓░░░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░ It's a-me, Mario!
░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░

Check out my
Tumblr
Or follow me on Twitter
All it is is making music by using the sound devices in the old consoles... it's just 8-bit music is all, nothing like guitar hero >>;
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
i hate people so much.

agreed.

people suck.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Too long and confusing,
didn't read.

But it isn't just Guitar Hero players dude,
these guys are actually doing something creative.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
I'd like to see any of you make anything at all worthwhile as far as electronic music goes. Just because they aren't masturbating on a guitar doesn't mean they aren't musicians. They are making music, after all. Hell, the Atari synth is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. So shut up.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
people should be exterminated
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
Oh no! Now how can we "real musicians" inflate our ego when these people are taking over the spotlight we deserve?

Whoa is us!
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by SOADriff
agreed.

people suck.

agreed, people should actually read the article and not be so quick to trust the OP.
Quote by tragorious
people should be exterminated

One day some idiot will launch a nuke and start a huge war that destroys everyone. Then we'll all have a party to celebrate the extermination of people!
Quote by Mattiie
agreed, people should actually read the article and not be so quick to trust the OP.

Oh i read it, and i stand by my post.
kudos to the people that actually did that :P i wanted to do that to a guitar hero controller for a long time, but i'm too lazy!
...But they aren't really playing guitar hero. They're making their own music in some fairly creative ways, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's a disgrace to actual guitarists.
I'm in an electro band, we us a Synth made for the Nintendo DS. It's a video game. Does that make my synth player not a musician because he uses a DS?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Oh i read it, and i stand by my post.

So you hate everyone that makes techno music? Their music isn't even what most would consider techno if you listen to their myspace.

edit: fixed typo!
Last edited by Mattiie at Jul 2, 2009,
"Accomplished instrumentalist and 8-bit tinkerer Joey Mariano [Animal Style] may be a bit of a guitar geek (he holds a degree in jazz guitar performance), but his knack for videogame audio wizardry also abounds."

An article about people modding NES' to play music, and they call him a nerd for knowing jazz guitar? Seriously?
Quote by Mattiie
So you hate everyone that makes techno music? They're music isn't even what most would consider techno if you listen to their myspace.

*Their. But I agree with you, just because it isn't guitar doesn't mean it's music, and if they like what they make, then power to 'em.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Quote by Mattiie
So you hate everyone that makes techno music? They're music isn't even what most would consider techno if you listen to their myspace.

*Their*

I just dislike this whole misleading thread.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by Mattiie

I didn't say i hate techno music. don't put words in my mouth.
**** you, majority of people who blindly posted in this thread.

Anything that can make a sound, can be an instrument.

Someone who plays an instrument is a musician.

SO THEY ARE ****ING MUSICIANS!

I understand that you like to get all defensive because you can't understand how anyone could possibly do anything creative using something other than a guitar and a tube amp, but you need to grow the **** up.

Christ.
Kill It With Fire....
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
If you guys bothered to read it, it's all creative stuff. Most of it, at least. It isn't ACTUALLY videogames, nor do these people consider themselves better than, worse than, or in any way related to actual guitar players or such. It's electronic music that just so happens to involve video games. It's a hacked guitar hero controller, or hacked gameboy, and not a normal keyboard, but that doesn't make any less legitimate electronic music. It just makes it really, really nerdy.
ゲームを まけました!
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I didn't say i hate techno music. don't put words in my mouth.

It's hard not to put words in your mouth when you didn't explain why you "hate people so much".
Last edited by Mattiie at Jul 2, 2009,
I checked out their myspace, nothing special. Personally, I think the sound they create is irritating.
Quote by Montag00

I understand that you like to get all defensive because you can't understand how anyone could possibly do anything creative using something other than a guitar and a tube amp, but you need to grow the **** up.

Christ.

are you in that band or something?

way to put MANY words in MANY people's mouths. at least you got what you said across without resorting to swearing and making sweeping generalizations, or even ending your rant with the classic "grow up" though.

EDITTOGANOOSH:

god i love you. You make my day with almost everything you post.

09'erhifive
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 2, 2009,
Quote by Austyn6661
"Accomplished instrumentalist and 8-bit tinkerer Joey Mariano [Animal Style] may be a bit of a guitar geek (he holds a degree in jazz guitar performance), but his knack for videogame audio wizardry also abounds."

An article about people modding NES' to play music, and they call him a nerd for knowing jazz guitar? Seriously?

But it's not shred guitar, now is it? IS IT?!

/sarcasm
Quote by Montag00

Christ.

And just who the hell pissed in your cheerios, Mister?
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
guitar hero will never amount to real guitar as long as it exists.

Hence, real music will always be better.

If this does spawn a genre of music, no one is going to like it anyway, and Dave Mustain will have something new to rip on other than Metallica. And if Lars wants, he can sew them because they did use Metallica songs in their games. So yeah...
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Heck, this stuff is more creative than the majority of the crap on the radio these days. Because the people who played it made it. More than you can say for a lot of corporate "rock" bands who play what their producers tell them, then have an engineer make it sound vaguely in sync, and eventually the radio plays what they want me to hear. They tell me it's cool, but I just don't believe it.
ゲームを まけました!
Page 1 of 2