Screw it, OP was too long and pointless.

I need a new guitar. I have a Strat (Squier Affinity) and a Blackheart Little Giant.

Right now I play alternative/punk-pop kinda stuff due to lack of skill/enjoying that style of music. I'm a big blues/classic rock/country fan too, and as my skills progress I want something that will keep up with me.

I'm keeping the Strat for customizing/first electric purposes.

I'm stuck between getting another single coil guitar (Tele) or a 'bucker guitar (LP/Firebird)

I love the sound of distorted single coils (don't really know why, but I just do), yet at the same time feel I really should have a guitar with 'buckers for versatility purposes. I mean, I think even SRV had a Fat Strat in his collection (THINK, I don't remember for sure. It's been a while since I've seen the list.) (EDIT: Never mind, forgot that it was EMG active single coils. My bad.)

Opinion?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Jul 3, 2009,
i love my single coil tone, at least now that i have a decent amp, but after playin my squier for so long i feel myself longing for a good humbucker tone

go for the humbucker, better to be versatile and cover all the bases
Gear

Guitar:
Squier Strat

Amp:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 Half Stack

Pedals:
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Digitech Cool Cat Chorus
'buckers.

if you really want, you can put coil taps on it later so you can get that sweet single coil sound.
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

get the humbuckers. they are good for blues. think clapton cream era and bb king.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Orange Tiny Terror with 1x12 cab
Big Muff
Vox Clyge McCoy Wah Pedel
Holy Grail Reverb
Alrighty then, buckers it is. The only caveat is that I'll have to probably help pay for this. I have no job and it doesn't look like that's gonna change any time soon, so I'll have to really scrape around for cash.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray