Page 1 of 7
i thought it'd be fun to share what bugs us most about guitar shopping, like manipulative salemen, loud show-offs....etc.

personally, i hate those people who go into the store and try to impress everyone with quick riffs and shredding, not realizing that the salespeople have probably heard every run in the book.
Paying.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
The ****ers on teh Line 6s playing teh br00t4lz.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I always get riff amnesia.
And like you said.. I always get shown up by the dudes shreddin with the volume on 6

Hell, one time I walked into the acoustic part in guitar center.
I was playing Dee by Randy Rhoads and some dude starts strummin harder than I've ever seen on an acoustic.
I couldn't even hear myself =[
shredders.

I can't deal with assholes who sit there for 40 minutes and shred the whole time, without even a 5 minute break of even some power chords. god i hate that.
How expensive it all is.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
i hate when the local "rappers" of my area go to my local guitar store (we dont have a GC) to record their demos and such. im always like when they start.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
shredders.

I can't deal with assholes who sit there for 40 minutes and shred the whole time, without even a 5 minute break of even some power chords. god i hate that.

why do they have to take a break? or strum a power chord? you realize EVH did this exact same thing for hours a day right? do you hate him too?
just because theyre shredding doesnt ALWAYS mean theyre showing off you know.
EDIT: you really DO hate people in general, dont you?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Last edited by Strato-Massacre at Jul 3, 2009,
sales people (usually), not knowing what to play, and being self conscious when testing.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
I will almost never have to go guitar shopping again. It's so awesome.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I play with a lot of effects. People usually tell me to "turn down the reverb, and up the gain."

No.
Quote by mmolteratx

thank you for making my day sir.

The salesmen that try to get you to plug into ****, and tell you things that are completely false. There's a ****load of them.

i also hate those kids that plug into SG's and think they are the most brutal **** since Obama because they can play the before i forget intro. Grow some balls, kiddies.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
damn salesman. i went to buy a pack of ernie balls, little bastard tricked me into buying two different sets of ****ty strings
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Deciding which one to buy, it took me literally two months to decided what guitar I was going to buy last time I bought one. I ended up with a '96 Les Paul which was a gutar I had initially said no I don't want one because the only LP's I had played were the new ****ty faded ones but this one was gorgeous... If I could I would take them all home
Quote by Strato-Massacre

why do they have to take a break? or strum a power chord? you realize EVH did this exact same thing for hours a day right? do you hate him too?
just because theyre shredding doesnt ALWAYS mean theyre showing off you know.
EDIT: you really DO hate people in general, dont you?

You're an idiot. I'm not saying "0Mgz 4ll d3y d0 1z shr3dz pl4y sum c0rds 0loo0olo0olol"

I'm saying it gets on everybody's nerves when you are the loudest guy in the store and you shred non stop. It's not pleasing to listen to when you're trying to test out a 15 watt fender deluxe...

I didn't say they were showing off. i said it's irritating.

lern2reed.
Quote by mmolteratx

you just got sigged.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
You're an idiot. I'm not saying "0Mgz 4ll d3y d0 1z shr3dz pl4y sum c0rds 0loo0olo0olol"

I'm saying it gets on everybody's nerves when you are the loudest guy in the store and you shred non stop. It's not pleasing to listen to when you're trying to test out a 15 watt fender deluxe...

I didn't say they were showing off. i said it's irritating.

lern2reed.

i did read it, and it seems like you hate people who dont play power chords and dont take breaks for extended periods of time, just because "you dont like it". i hate your avatar, but am i sh*tting bricks and whining about it in a thread? no.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
The guys who work in shops and wear business suits and dont know a fooking THING about guitars.

"And THIS knob controls the volume..."
MichaelEMJAYARE
Quote by Mean Mr Mustard
I get paranoid if anybody else can hear me, so I turn the volume down really low

this happens to me a lot, one time I was trying out an amp ant the guy was like "to get a good sound you've got to get some volume on this thing" *he promptly cranks the amp* I played one note and was like "Ok I'm done with this one."

I'm better with it now that I can come up with a decent but humble thing too play while a try things out.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
i did read it, and it seems like you hate people who dont play power chords and dont take breaks for extended periods of time, just because "you dont like it". i hate your avatar, but am i sh*tting bricks and whining about it in a thread? no.

bugger off. you're irritating now. the whole thread is about things you don't like in guitar stores. I stated mine. don't like it? tough, fuck you.

the whole thing about power chords should be read as "these guys can't even take a break and maybe play a chord or 2 or something"
grow the hell up asshole. I know it feels cool to be tough on the internet, but nobody else really cares.

let me rephrase the whole thing that way you can understand it and get the hell off my back.

"Shredders

I can't stand when i go into a store and there is some dude with an obnoxiously loud amp shredding obnoxiously fast, with no rhythm or anything, for an obnoxiously long amount of time, while there are other people in the store trying to do their own thing, but are being overpowered by this one guy sitting there fret wanking for 40 minutes with a 100 watt amp cranked up to 7."

get it now?
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 3, 2009,
This is all I hear from the tiny, tiny bass area at my local shop

g--------------10-----9-----------------10---9---12----
d--0h10h12------0----0--0h10h12----0---0---0---
a----------------------------------------------------------
d----------------------------------------------------------

Other than that, it's okay I guess.

Oh and when you're the only one in the store, the workers feel they all need to help you out at once.

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by Strato-Massacre

I don't like you at the moment.

Is he not allowed to hate people who shred alot? That's like telling me that I can't be attracted to women, or that I can't play basketball aimlessly in my driveway in order to procrastinate doing something important.

Because no matter how many times you could tell me these things on the internet, it won't matter, because I will do them anyway, and you will make yourself look like a very grumpy individual for trying to argue with me about it.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by Ganoosh
Paying.

and when u decide on one but then u see another and u decide on that
etc.etc,etc
Classical Guitarist
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
bugger off. you're irritating now. the whole thread is about things you don't like in guitar stores. I stated mine. don't like it? tough, fuck you.

the whole thing about power chords should be read as "these guys can't even take a break and maybe play a chord or 2 or something"
grow the hell up asshole. I know it feels cool to be tough on the internet, but nobody else really cares.

not everybody buys/tries out a guitar for powerchord usage.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by Ganoosh
I don't like you at the moment.

Is he not allowed to hate people who shred alot? That's like telling me that I can't be attracted to women, or that I can't play basketball aimlessly in my driveway in order to procrastinate doing something important.

Because no matter how many times you could tell me these things on the internet, it won't matter, because I will do them anyway, and you will make yourself look like a very grumpy individual for trying to argue with me about it.

thank you. you have won many places in my heart tonight.

Quote by Strato-Massacre

I can't even believe this shit. are you just trying to pick a fight or something, but don't really care if the post in question is argumentative? go read my edit, and then come back and discuss like a normal person who isn't disgruntled and illiterate.
I can't even believe i've just been attacked for a personal dislike, and then told i shouldn't voice these dislikes IN A THREAD ABOUT DISLIKES.

seriously man... figure out this whole "opinion" thing. you'll be happier.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jul 3, 2009,
Quote by Strato-Massacre

You really don't get it, do you? People shredding at loud volume can be very annoying. Even if you're a shred fanatic, if you came to a shop to test out a guitar, but you can't hear a damn thing over some idiot playing loudly, then it gets annoying.

Also, the main problem people have with you is you attacking the guy for no reason, and then responding only to certain parts of people's responses and ignoring the rest. People are entitled to their opinions. Except you. Change that avatar, damnit.
Quote by HorizonShadow
Just eat the headstock.

That'll make you look mad.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

grow the hell up asshole.

This,

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

I know it feels cool to be tough on the internet, but nobody else really cares.

contradicts this.

Just sayin'...
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Quote by Gargantuan
This is all I hear from the tiny, tiny bass area at my local shop

g--------------10-----9-----------------10---9---12----
d--0h10h12------0----0--0h10h12----0---0---0---
a----------------------------------------------------------
d----------------------------------------------------------

Other than that, it's okay I guess.

Schism? I'm working on being able to piece together songs from tabs without playing them
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I can't even believe this shit. are you just trying to pick a fight or something, but don't really care if the post in question is argumentative? go read my edit, and then come back and discuss like a normal person who isn't disgruntled and illiterate.

im not disgruntled. illiterate? maybe. but disgruntled, no. im just trying to say that nobody is a d*ck just because they shred nonstop in GC. nobody HAS to take a break or play a powerchord. and ive noticed that most of the people who shred like that are friends w/ the owner of said shop or friends w/ the workers there, and theyre more or less just hanging out.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by jeremessmore
Schism? I'm working on being able to piece together songs from tabs without playing them

Hehe yes, correct.

I can't say I hate hearing that every time I go in a guitar shop, it's just weird seeing everyone use it to test basses..

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
shredders.

Or when all they play is power chords and won't give up the fuggin guitar
When people make threads about it and it turns into a flame war between two people.
I'm a MAN!