Hey guys I'm the guitarist for Cosmic Heat Engine, we come from Wichita, Kansas, USA. We'd appreciate any words of constructive criticism in regards to our sound and songwriting, etc. Thanks for checking us out, add us on myspace!

Links:

http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/che/

http://myspace.com/cosmicheatengine

UPDATE (8/20):
We were on KSCW today for an interview

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWiodIQZBa8

Also, the new album will be on iTunes soon! Check our UG profile and myspace for more details.

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Last edited by MrDinkleberry at Sep 6, 2009,
Thanks dude, would you like me to check out any of your stuff?

Sovtek MiG 60
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
Hey man I listened to 2 of the tracks and then a little of a third..

Move On - at times the guitar and little piano part weren't locked in.. i do like the use of vocal harmonies in the chorus.. guitar riff in 2nd verse gets monotonous, mix it up.. use a different riff/arrangement. not bad overall, just needs some tweeking

Run Away - i think this one's a little bit better, but still not super tight and locked in on timing. That's just a simple fix, clean up the recording a little. May want to experiment with changing guitar riffs.. the little solo thing was pretty cool though, but again, taking in the song as a whole.. the guitar work could probably be mixed up some to really make it stronger.

Overall, that was my main thought was that it may sound better if you can break up the song a little. Maybe with a breakdown into a bridge type of thing.. maybe just simply coming up with variations on the main guitar part (verses). Other than that though, I think it's pretty good.. just play with new ideas.

And thanks for checking my band out and the crit. Glad you enjoyed the tunes.
monoslang.bandcamp.com

reverbnation.com/monoslang
Thanks for checking out Drawing Mountains. I think there's definitely alot of potential but I feel like you guys are getting dragged down by the quality of your recordings. It could have been mixed better and the quality on some things (especially the bass) is lacking. My favorite part would definitely be the vocals. Very relaxed and chilled vibe to them which you don't see alot these days.
Thanks for the crits guys, we're actually getting into a real studio later this month. The timing issues will be worked out on our full length album. As for breakdowns in the songs to make them less repetitive, we've worked out some cool live versions of the songs that will hopefully make the record. Thanks for your input it means alot!

Sovtek MiG 60
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
hey thanks for the crit

I'm liking your music, and i'm being completely honest. I'm enjoying the nice relaxed feel, although it does get a little repetitive. The songs don't really stand out much from eachother and even within one song there is a lot of repetition.

Your stuff does resemble many other songs i've heard before, but I think I can see where it is heading... and when it get's there it will be a lot more original.

I enjoyed Just Like Johny the most where the vocal melody was quite pleasent and the solo had a cool feel to it.

from the looks of it you guys have a lot of material but they need some shaping up and they need to form into tighter songs, although I can't really judge until you record them properly, so once you guys are done with that send me a pm or post in our thread and i'll be glad to check them out again

take care and keep in touch!
Will do man. Thanks for your crit!

Sovtek MiG 60
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay