How is this product? Is there a difference between that and the cheaper model, the POD Studio GX? Is the $100 price difference justifiable?

Could you guys recommend a similar product that might be better, or is this one ok? I just want a simple recording interface/software type deal, where I can plug in the guitar and record. This Line 6seems like it might provide that.

Any advice guys?
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
I have the GX, and I'm happy with it. I could upload a recording if you like.

As for your actual question, I have no idea.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
i got mine a few weeks ago... it didn't come with a manual!
Although it's quite easy to work out, a manual would have done wonders.

I'm still trying to fix my cpu, and get something better than mixcraft for pod farm.

Pod farm is really good, with downloadable content online and a huge selection of tones.
Sounds good thanks guys. i think im gonna give this a try

difference between teh two seems to be that the UX1 has a mic input as well
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
I was thinking of getting the ux1 too.

TS did you get it? Hows the audio quality/latency. Is it fine or is there something better in the same price range? I don't care too much about podfarm since I already use amplitube (not that I don't want it, its just not a priority).

Also, will a low end interface like this provide significantly better quality than my onboard sound card with a DI box? (yes right?)
I the UX1, the main difference I can tell is that with the UX1, you can record stereo, and it comes with Gearbox, which has alot more different amps and effects.
I have the GX, and it serves its purpose well. The only problems I have with it is with the POD Farm plugin, I have some latency issues, but its probably just me. The standalone version, I don't notice any latecy issues.

Anyways, the UX1 probably has a few more options unlocked in POD Farm and whatnot, and the added mic input as mentions.

BTW, CoreysMonster, when did u get your UX1? I'm pretty sure the recent models come with POD Farm and not Gearbox anymore.
You can still get the ones with gearbox.. They're called Toneport UXn instead of Pod Studio UXn. You can upgrade to PODFarm standalone for free (but not the plugin version).
I use mine with reaper... although i can't get it to work as a plugin, I can still get the effects from pod farm to work with my guitar.

No manual, but very easy to work out.

I think only difference is pod farm amps and models, and mic input on ux1.

If you want, I can stick some recordings on my profile (atm i've got a hammer to fall cover if you want to look, this was done with a vox ac30 preset)

Peace,
AJ