I guess I'm one of those people that kinda screams ADHD because I can't stick with one thing for longer than a few weeks, but I know I've wanted a new amp because even when I'm semi-serious about guitar all I've got to play on is my original 20 something watt gorilla practice amp (which is now owned by pignose I believe? jeeze).

Anyway, the current guitar is just some dual hb starter hamer, which is something I'd be upgrading later. What I'm looking for is an amp that can give me a bluesy sound but that isn't shy, I guess I'm looking for a Hendrix Red House / Voodoo Chile kind of tone.

I'm not going to be gigging and it'll mostly just be me in a bedroom or somewhere in a living space. I would like to keep it under 300, I'd much rather have a tube amp than SS or Modeling, and I'm guessing 300 is unreasonable for that, but anything in the ballpark would be great, I'm just not really sure where to start.

Thanks in advance!
Into the flood again...
You may be able to get a used fender blues jr for that price. 15 watt all tube. 15 watts tube watts is like 40 SS wats. Very nice hendrix sound, but you might need a strat.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Yeah I'd love a strat, but I was hoping to get a new amp and actually prove to myself that I've earned a guitar that nice...

How lame would it be to buy a left handed strat and reverse it?
Into the flood again...
Seems like on ebay the average price is actually just above 300 bucks at the moment for one of those.
Into the flood again...
See if you can find a Peavey Classic 30/50, Crate V18 or 33, or even a Peavey Ultra.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
What's a good price to pay for a good American-made Strat anyway?
Into the flood again...
Quote by Atilladude
Yeah I'd love a strat, but I was hoping to get a new amp and actually prove to myself that I've earned a guitar that nice...

How lame would it be to buy a left handed strat and reverse it?

If you're an average player it's super lame. If you're buckethead you can do anything you want.
Around $500 on the low end, up to around $750 on the high end.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs