Hi,

I'm from Malaysia and planning to visit australia in september (during spring break). My sis is studying in Melbourne, so we'll be visiting her and spent 10 days holiday there. Planning to drive from melbourne to sidney. Any interesting places along the way?

and ofcourse, what's the most recommended guitar store to be visited in sydney and melbourne?

thanks!
Billy Hyde's music store is pretty good, and central to things to see. Check out the QVB while you're there, and go to Museum station and have a walk around Darling Harbour to the Opera House. Regular tourist stuff, but pretty magnificent the first time you see it.

Edit: Town Hall station is the one below the QVB, and Billy Hyde's is two streets away on Pitt Street.
Ferry Ride in Sydney Harbour is always awesome. Oh, and drive up to Manly and Avalon, its beautiful
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Go to scienceworks in melbourne

It may sound boring but it's really quite awesome
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
Go to Imax in Melbourne. It's an awesome movie screen. Also, Allans Music in Melbourne is a fairly good store to browse around.
Quote by RockerNo.21
Try and get tickets to the AFL grand final if ur around on the 26th.

that would be the best holiday ever!
Come down the great ocean road.Seriously,be a tourist in my town an give us some money!
Check out missing link records.Tons of rare aussie albums in there.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Just drive up the East Coast, It's a fairly long drive but has great scenery. Heaps of great hidden beaches.
Quote by insanitybreed
Just drive up the East Coast, It's a fairly long drive but has great scenery. Heaps of great hidden beaches.

driving by the ocean to sydney is one of the plans!
Allans music on Pitt St in sydney is pretty good. That and Billy Hydes in Parramatta (that ones my favourite). If you're in sydney on the 12th of september, buy a ticket to the coaster festival. The Bronx are playing and its going to be ****ing awesome!
Quote by blink_fan
Allans music on Pitt St in sydney is pretty good. That and Billy Hydes in Parramatta (that ones my favourite). If you're in sydney on the 12th of september, buy a ticket to the coaster festival. The Bronx are playing and its going to be ****ing awesome!

Pardon me TS, I mistook Billy Hyde's for Allan's. It is Allan's on Pitt st. Not bad at all... I second that you drive up to Avalon/Newport. Amaaaazing beaches there.
Maybe poke around in Annandale (In sydney) and look at the strip of guitar shops there?
Quote by LordBishek
Vibrators, Schmibrators. They can't ignore my girth.
In Melbourne the best guitar stores are Allans in the city, Billy Hyde in Blackburn and Music Swop Shop in Carlton. Music Swop Shop is great for finding old and rare second hand guitars and amps.
I don't think there's much if you go down the Hume/etc. through Canberra (most Aussies think the place is boring anyway - apart from the fact you can legally buy fireworks there ).

Jindabyne, Perisher and Thredbo are a little out of your way on that road but it's nice up around there. Of course the main attraction is skiing/snowboarding though, and that'll probably be all but over by the time you're here.

If you love your driving, try and find an excuse to go up Brown Mountain (near Bega) and along the Snowy Mountains highway, it's a great, fun, smooth road with awesome scenery to boot.

But, yeah, generally you'll see a lot more if you follow the Princes Highway along the coast from Melbourne to Sydney.

Another thing to do in Sydney, that doesn't seem to get mentioned a lot, is drive through the Royal National Park. You start in Sydney, and follow the Princes Highway, I think the turnoff is around Heathcote. After you turn off, go through until you get out of the park and there's a lookout over the ocean and the Sea Cliff Bridge - you can see all the way to Wollongong. After that, there are quite a few little cafes and fish & chip shops down past the bridge to go for lunch.

You can spend an entire day wandering around the Botanical Gardens, Darling Harbour too. The markets in The Rocks were pretty cool last time I went (6 or 7 years ago...), maybe you could go up to the top of Centrepoint (Sydney Tower) too? Although last time I checked it was pretty exxy...
Don't even bother buying any instruments here in Aust, im from KL too but i live in aust, and believe me stuff is expensive here.

Forum Archives / About / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2006