okay, so I have NO IDEA about electronics in guitars, and since I'm getting a sevenstring soon that has two humbuckers, I was wondering if it's possible to add a push-pull coil split circuit to any humbucker I decide to put in there, or if it's only possible with special pickups. alternatively, how big of a deal is it to trade a 3-way toggle switch for a 5-way switch? I mean, if coil splitting any humbucker is possible, anyway.

The reason for my question is because I really love the single coil sound, and would, if possible, like to have it on my seven string, which is probably going to be a Schecter Damian
I think it can be done, just hard.

Pretty much every after market pickup has for wires to split the pickup.

Another thing, splitting the humbucker doesn't really give you a true strat tone.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by CoreysMonster
okay, so I have NO IDEA about electronics in guitars, and since I'm getting a sevenstring soon that has two humbuckers, I was wondering if it's possible to add a push-pull coil split circuit to any humbucker I decide to put in there, or if it's only possible with special pickups.
depends on how they're cabled. If they only have a single conductor with ground, you can't split them unless you do some internal wiring modifications (not for the inexperienced)

If they have the series link available at the end of the cable, or they have all 4 coil wires separate, no problems.

Quote by CoreysMonster
alternatively, how big of a deal is it to trade a 3-way toggle switch for a 5-way switch? I mean, if coil splitting any humbucker is possible, anyway.

The reason for my question is because I really love the single coil sound, and would, if possible, like to have it on my seven string, which is probably going to be a Schecter Damian
Huge deal. The selector on the Damien is a toggle. A 5-way is a blade type lever. They don't mount the same way.

And a standard 5-way can't be made to function properly for a HH. You'd need a SuperSwitch, Megaswitch M, Megaswitch P, or a special 5-way for HH that Ibanez makes (2205N)
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.