Page 1 of 2
Everyone here seems to complain about annoying stuff in music stores. Let's hear something good!

When I was looking to by a new amp, my dad kept trying to get my to try an MG half stack. An employee there comes to my rescue, and says 'I don't like to bad mouth our own gear, but that amp sorta sucks."
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
When i got my Mitchell Md100S acoustic, the sales guy comes up to me and offers me the guitar plus $40 off plus a free bag, strap, strings, tons of picks, and a ton of other stuff.

and i only paid $139 for $300 plus worth of gear.

and it plays like a dream...
Well I have a good music store experience when they fixed my guitar..

My dad tried to put my guitar in a hard case with the whammy bar on so the bridge block and bar broke off. After the store ordered the new parts, the guy put it all together really fast for 5 bucks.
This was back before I ever took my guitar apart so I was super impressed.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Buying Dinkstain, tried it out and the thing felt beautiful. Billy Hyde guys were all kinds of helpful, took a bit off the price, threw in some free ****. Top blokes.
Metal Head

One Day, We'll All Go Into The Water.
Go, Into The Water, Live There, Die There.

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
when i bought my les paul the guy threw in a hard case 3 sets of strings a glass slide and mass **** ha
One time I was at Sam Ash and I asked if I could try out an amp. They said yes. It was a nice amp, but I didn't buy it. MLIA
Quote by xItsGilbertYox
when i bought my les paul the guy threw in a hard case 3 sets of strings a glass slide and mass **** ha

Les Pauls come from the factory in a hard case. the serial number of the guitar is on the leather pull tag inside the case. that guy lied to you man. however all the other stuff sounds great.
when i bought my LP he threw in a $50 Gibson Reissue Cleaning Kit which i thought was pretty awesome.
I got $100 off my guitar and my mum got a couple of free CD's (The place we ordered it through does CD's as well)
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
I shopped around and tried many PRS Custom 22s and Custom 24s at Guitar Center and then went to a family owned guitar store, tried a used Custom 22 and bought it on site.
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
I was browsing for a new guitar and had been looking for a Schecter Ultra, but had given up on finding one in a shop and don't like ordering instruments online. Wandered into a music shop in Nottingham on a shopping trip with friends, and there was a white Ultra, half price, with free case and strings.

Best. Luck. Ever.
Ceci n'est pas une signature
We have this epic family owned store called Tringas, and they fixed the jack on my guitar free.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by imafool18
We have this epic family owned store called Tringas, and they fixed the jack on my guitar free.

Gotta love em.
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
I when i bought a new bass they threw in a strap some picks and a boss 0-DB3.
When i bought my guitar i got an amp a strap a cord all for free
Quote by tastes_of_ink
^leg-end^

Lots of good buys. The guys in a High Wycombe shop who swapped me their '61 LP/SG Custom for my heavy Black Beauty did me a big favour. Online my H&S is great. It kills any Epi for quality and only cost 150 euro. When it was late delivered (I was warned it would be) they threw in loads of free stuff.
I bought my Cort online from Richards Guitars and he (Richard) was on the phone to me every day asking how I wanted it setup. When he found a tiny ding on the back, he gave me a free hard case. That's honest service.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Might sound silly, but I love it when employees ask me "You need anything?" and leave when you don't. I get so nervous when people I don't know watch me, so its great to have them just leave me alone unless I need something.
Buying me Strat of course. Got £50 off it for no reason. Shame Sound Control's gone down the pan

Read Franklin & Heywood gave me a free Allen Key to sort out the action on my Strat. I know that this one is nothing but I thought it was nice of them
Come at me bro.
When I bought my first guitar I got £50 off it. It was a epiphone les paul special hehe ibanez amp , soft padded bag , set of strings and some picks

Quote by Dayman
It's your duty, son. You some kinda commie, not servin' yer country?
I'm telling FOX News.

Quote by Twist of fate
Haters Ghana Hate
Buying my custom warwick. The dealer was dead nice, as was the custom shop manager. They sent me a picture of the topwood that was going to be used just in case I didn't like it, and pictures when it was finished. Topped off with a free flightcase, allen keys, trussrod tool, spare set of strings, beeswax, cleaning cloth... quite a good pakage. Received it a month ahead of schedule, and got the best instrument I've ever played out of the purchase. Will definately do it again when I have the money.
The guys in my local guitar shop let me crank my up right up before I bought it

and in this shop in glasgow, any time me or my friends try guitars in there, they always take it over a this hughes and kettner combo that makes pretty much any guitar sound good :P
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
Last year I got this Seagull electro-acoustic guitar for $350. The reason the price was so low is that the parent company, Godin, made a mistake when manufacturing it so it was considered defective. The mistake? The electronics were Quantum II, not Quantum I. I paid half the price to get a guitar that accidentally had upgraded electronics on it.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Les Pauls come from the factory in a hard case. the serial number of the guitar is on the leather pull tag inside the case. that guy lied to you man. ..

Really? There's only a "Gibson - Made in Canada" branded on mine.

My Guitars:
Gibson LP Standard Iced-Tea
Fender Stratocaster
Cort Earth 100

Lefty!
Bought my Les Paul and amp for the price of the les paul only

oh yeah and i got my ESP MH-53 brand new for like $250-$300 (cant remember)
rrp $750
Last edited by metallicaftwlp at Jul 3, 2009,
every time I go into this one shop is great, I got £50 knocked of an explorer for no reason, a strap and a new set of strings for free, 6 months later I bought a telecaster from the same shop, I was playing it and the shop owner says "Wow, you've really improved since I last heard you, and you were pretty good before" Was a massive confidence boost
When I got my Les Paul, since it was a birthday present, they knocked $100 off the top.
Quote by Jackal58
When i bought my Ibanez RG450 they offered to change the bridge to an Original Floyd rose system, and they also had an EMG 81 laying around and asked me if i wanted it in the guitar.

I got that for free with the Ibanez.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

When I went to buy an acoustic guitar I kept looking at the $400 ones because that's only what I could afford. I returned the second day, and an employee asked if he could help me. He then pointed to an $650 guitar and said I could have it for $400, and it was way better than anything else in that price range or even above it.

I walked out one happy man.
Fender 1989 MIJ Strat (It's from the 80's, so it's gotta be legit!)
Breedlove AC25 SM
my PRS single cut USA trem was a good buy because that day I got 15% off....

my Custom shop strat was a good buy because I part exchanged my 1979 strat and good a good part ex amount.

Happy days.......
When I went to buy an acoustic guitar I kept looking at the $400 ones because that's only what I could afford. I returned the second day, and an employee asked if he could help me. He then pointed to an $650 guitar and said I could have it for $400, and it was way better than anything else in that price range or even above it.

Fender 1989 MIJ Strat (It's from the 80's, so it's gotta be legit!)
Breedlove AC25 SM
When I went in to pickout my 61 Reissue SG the first one I played was the one. I tried out the other few they had and nothing even came close to the one I got. Some guy told me he'd buy it from me because he liked it to but if you find a new Gibson that plays like my SG, you don't sell it. It resonates like a mother****in banshee. My Les Paul experience on the other hand.... I spent like 3 months trying to find a good one but when I finally found it, it was an incredible moment.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Zer0_In

double post more than 20 min apart? 0_o
Quote by Jackal58
Page 1 of 2