So I have been listening to A7X and I have learned some of their songs. But I can't get the tone Syn and Zack get, so can anyone tell me what they use to get a nice tone that is identical to A7X?

Thanks
--Blink-182 is back--
R.I.P. James "The Rev" Sullivan
---> Llama's are cool.
Stay (Sic)

thanks so much. best reply i have ever got.
--Blink-182 is back--
---> Llama's are cool.
Stay (Sic)

No problem, but if I was you, I would focus on getting my own sound, instead of trying to emulate someone elses. But this has been informative, I had no idea he used JCM's now.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Yeah. I dont want to completely sound like it. but i liKe the sound their equipment makes. The way their stuff sounds is the way i want my stuff to sound. but i want to change it so its more of my style
--Blink-182 is back--
---> Llama's are cool.
Stay (Sic)

I find a compressor pedal really helps with sustain in Syn's solos.
I haven't heard Syn's tone through the JCM800s, I'm looking forward to hearing it.
It really doesn't surprise me he went to 800s(though I'm sure they are hotrodded). The guy emulates Slash out the ass. Don't get me wrong... I love Syn. NOt bashing, just making a statement.
One more thing (edit button not working for me, sorry) is that you'll have a hard time getting that tone from the Spider. It takes pedals very badly, and from messing around with one at a friends house I couldn't get a good a7x tone out of it after about 30-45 minutes of screwing around with it.
Quote by LesPaulJR361
Yeah. I dont want to completely sound like it. but i liKe the sound their equipment makes. The way their stuff sounds is the way i want my stuff to sound. but i want to change it so its more of my style

You also have to realize that any famous band, whether live or recorded is going to have a lot of high end mixing boards and processing that makes them sound like they do.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I play the syn custom through a spider. Sorry i couldn't help, but i'm limited to the spider for a bit.

I can get somwhat close to some of their new stuff..

drive at about...6
bass 4-ish
mids 4ish
treble cranked
and some reverb, once you get close, but fiddle about some more. Think of what you need more/less of.

Anyways, best of luck!

~John.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Quote by slickerthnsleek
One more thing (edit button not working for me, sorry) is that you'll have a hard time getting that tone from the Spider. It takes pedals very badly, and from messing around with one at a friends house I couldn't get a good a7x tone out of it after about 30-45 minutes of screwing around with it.

I have a Marshall also. But what I am trying to get is a Schecter and a pedal that can get a tone slight similar to theirs. But I just use my Spider for practice because it has built in distortion and my pedal is not working right now.
--Blink-182 is back--
---> Llama's are cool.
Stay (Sic)

Quote by IbanezRGS
I play the syn custom through a spider. Sorry i couldn't help, but i'm limited to the spider for a bit.

I can get somwhat close to some of their new stuff..

drive at about...6
bass 4-ish
mids 4ish
treble cranked
and some reverb, once you get close, but fiddle about some more. Think of what you need more/less of.

Anyways, best of luck!

~John.

Alright. I will try that. Thanks.
--Blink-182 is back--
---> Llama's are cool.
Stay (Sic)