The QLD Conservatorium of Music: Bachelor or Music Technology ****s on all your acronyms from such a great height.

To be somewhat helpful, I've heard nothing but bad things about JMC, it's getting to be a bit like Australia's own Power Chord Academy.

I've heard SAE goes alright though, one of my lecturers started his career with their old old old diploma program from 20 years ago.

That's all folks .
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
I deferred my bachelor at AIM, because they were a bunch of retarded stoners trying to compress a bachelor of music into a 2 year course. What kind of playing styles/standards are expected up at the con in Brisbane?
Playing styles and standards?

Dude, I study music production, not performance .

But to loosely answer your question. We're a Contemporary Jazz based institution when regarding modern instruments. Classical instrumentation broadly covers most areas with particular focus on Classical (the style, not the period) and Baroque music.

Standards a reasonably high, no higher than any other Griffith degree, but to the non-musician the Aural and Sight Reading skill levels would seem highly impossible. But seeings as the usual cut off for musicians is AMEB 8 anyone who's there should easily stay up to par.

The rest is basically personal presentation, they like everyone to look and behave professionally, they get a little crazy when it comes to classical musicians. Us tech. guys have it much easier. But I do have to wear a suit when I record the Orchestras/Ensembles live.

Very serious, very posh but still insanely fun
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Not Aussie but we have four SAE's here and they are very reputable and have some impressive accolades. I would go but it's real pricey (and it's a private course so you can't get funding for it) and anyways would rather get the degree in a uni where the male:female ratio isn't 90:10...haha.