I've got a Epiphone SG Special and a Roland Cube20X, I'm getting $750 back from the education tax rebate we have in Australia and I want to upgrade my setup, I mainly play various kinds of Metal and Rock like Iron Maiden, Metallica, AC/DC, Slayer, SOAD, Rush, Airbourne and Black Sabbath, I prefer to use heavy top and medium bottom strings and I mainly play Rhythm with a little bit of lead work in it every now and again.

I'm thinking of getting a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone Pedal and a ESP LTD EX50, for about AU$700 total (Guitar $500 /w shipping and Pedal $200 from local store), would this be a good idea? Or should I get a different guitar, pedal, new amp? I have AU$750 max to spend.

Thanks in advance, Brutuz.
ibanez s series
mxr distortion
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Quote by masterp666
boss ml-2 metal core pedal. i have it and its intensely awesome.

+1
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
As an owner of the MT-2 I would strongly urge you to do what materp666 said and go with a ML-2 Metal Core if you want a Boss distortion. Buddy of mine had a Metal Core and I wanted something similar so I saw an MT-2 on here for cheap and picked it up and have to say it is no where near the pedal the ML-2 is.

Or read up and go with a completely different distortion. Just don't go with an MT-2 imo.
Quote by RivercrestColts
If you want somethin really metal

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-ICT700

slap some baritones on it, and get to it!

That's about AU$1600, not AU$500~ :p

Very damn nice guitar though, I would kill for one.

@ Everyone else: The store I'm looking at for the pedals (and guitars if they have it) (www.allansmusic.com.au) only has the Boss MT-2, it does have a few of the MXR ones, is the MXR M-104 good? And can I have some model names of guitars, not just what series?
In the respect of Pedals, a Digitech Metal Master, I find, is the absolute pedal for distortion in general.
the ibanez rg321 may just come under your budget and ibanez s series is far out of your budget unless you go used.
Can you get a decent little tube amp for that? It would serve you better than pedals and/or a guitar that is not nych better than what you already have.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
Can you get a decent little tube amp for that? It would serve you better than pedals and/or a guitar that is not nych better than what you already have.

blackheart little giant, blackstar ht-5 are under the budget.