I have no experiance with either, and I'm trying to decide, I want a multi effects pedal though, for when I jam with my friends, or I'm just practicing in my room. My Bugera is a bit too loud for practice in my neighborhood, so I'm just gonna have to play through headphones, which both of these have. Anyways, I'm just wanting to see which would be the most versitle. I'm very experimental latley, using a plethora of effects and different types of distortion.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
The GNX3 should be $100 cheaper. If you need drums and the 8 track recorder it's ok, but the GNX4 is much better. The GNX3 uses midi to configure so that's a hassle. And you need to use software to configure presets because it's complicated with complex cabinet settings and amp warping.

The XT uses USB and can record through USB. The XT is easier to get good tones from. The XT is superior to the GNX3.