on my dkmgt alt picking sounds bad as the upstroke seems to click or make a louder noise then the downstroke which sucks for alt picking and tremolo picking..is this a common problem with tune o matic bridges or is mine faulty? or are my strings loose? i play in standard E with gauge 9 strings, thanks
Last edited by DethThrasher at Jul 3, 2009,
I heard something from someone else about this today.. perhaps someone out there needs to do some research? I'm interested now.

My idea for the guy earlier was to go ahead and sell it and buy a better one.
when you play is your pick on an angle? and are you sure you don't scrape the pick along the string as you up stroke?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
when you play is your pick on an angle? and are you sure you don't scrape the pick along the string as you up stroke?

i have it parallel to the string, i make sure of that even though it is uncomfortable to do so with the tune o matic bridge
Quote by DethThrasher
I must add that tremolo picking sounds absolutely horrible and fine on my other guitars

Same problem as another guy earlier. Is it the blue finished one, or a different one?
Quote by Gh057
Same problem as another guy earlier. Is it the blue finished one, or a different one?

its transparent black
Quote by DethThrasher
i have it parallel to the string, i make sure of that even though it is uncomfortable to do so with the tune o matic bridge

you mean perpendicular, at almost a 90 degree angle right?
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Quote by BackDoorEntry
you mean perpendicular, at almost a 90 degree angle right?

i'm not really sure to be honest, i have it straight with the string
Why are people having problems tremolo picking on the Dinkey... I have never heard of this problem...
Quote by DethThrasher
its the tune o matic bridge i am sure

I doubt its the tune o matic.

Let's be honest, a lot of nice guitars have a tune o matic, and no one has issues with them.

I think its either the pickups on the Dinkey, or possible bad tuners.