Alright so i'm alright on guitar, but i know nothing about pedals and such. Make fun of me if you want, is there something i can use for more sustain? Because when i do bends, i loose sustain quickly. I have a Synyster Custom, Make fun of me if you want again lol. Please though, i need something.
Try raising your action, turning your volume up and if that doesn't work get a good compressor.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Abyss747
Action?

He means raise the strings higher over the fretboard. They will vibrate more freely and give you more sustain.
How high your strings are off the fretboard. If they're too low bends can choke out. Also, if your pickups are really high, you might lower them away from the strings.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
action:the space between your strings and fret board raise and your notes will become more clear resulting in better sustain.
Agreed, if it's bending thats killing it then it's either your action, truss rod, or bad fret work (which all pretty much mean 'action'.)
Action means how high your strings are off the fretboard and this should be adjustable at your bridge by messing around with screws.

So it's a balancing act, what do you want more? Sustain, or having your strings closer to your fretboard (faster playing.)
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
What kind of amp are you using? Some seem to sustain better than others, though you can counteract it with higher output pickups, a bone nut, a compressor pedal, and loads of other methods. Technique is vital though.
I'm rocking a Line 6 Spider, flame me, i'm returning it tomorrow for a peavey vypyr,
Buy a Boss CS-3. It's a Compression Sustainer pedal.
Guitars:

Squier Standard Telecaster
Takamine EG-240

Guitar Effects:

Korg AX5G Muti-Effects Pedal
Boss DS-2
Boss DD-7

Read and follow my tumblog

Follow me on twitter
So a higher action= better sustain, but harder to press therefore slower playing speed?

Would lower action make it easier to tap the notes?
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
No one should make fun of you for having the Syn Custom, I have one too... properly set up, they're really nice guitars. I think once you change your amp then you'll have less drama with it, but what has been said about the action is spot-on, and compressor pedals are also a great help. New strings also (usually) sustain better than older ones.

Have a bit of a look around the amps before just getting a Vypyr. They're great amps, don't get me wrong, I play my Syn Custom through a Vypyr 75... but having said that, I'm trying to sell my Vypyr to buy a tube amp that is roughly the same price. If you're looking for more sustain, perhaps you should check out the smaller tube amps also. I get okay sustain through the Vypyr, not amazing, but enough to get by... and it was totally blown out of the water by how much I got from the Blackstar HT5, Orange Tiny Terror (although, guessing you play A7x music, probably not the best option for you) and the Egnater Rebel 20. If you're able to, you should check those (and other similar amps available to you) out before throwing yourself at another modelling amp and then make an informed decision.

Hope that helps.
Quote by procrastination
Buy a Boss CS-3. It's a Compression Sustainer pedal.

IMO, there are much better compressors for the price. the MXR Dyna Comp, EHX Soul Preacher, Visual Sound Route 66 and MXR Super Comp are all in the same price range but offer much better sound quality, IMO.

try a bunch of them out, find one you like.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.