well i bought a jackson dx10d guitar for 300(its 600 new) so i bought it.....it really caught my eye when i saw it i later realized there was an extra switch and knob on the guitar and a 9v battery in the back. heres what ive learnd so far from it.
when on a clean channel its really turn up the volume adding a tad bit of distortion/orverdrive kinda nice for blues a bit weak though.
when on a dirty channel. it gets real high feedback and the more you turn up the knob the more feed back.
i could see this good for a clean channel.
anyways what is this???why does it require a 9v???
any answers would much appreciated (sorry for my bad grammar.)
perhaps a built-in distortion or gain control? Active pups (don't know much about them though :s)?
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

yeah , active pups need a 9v battery for the built in preamp. you should try replacing it to see if you have the same results. unfortunately, if they are active pickups, they wont work without that battery and sound bad when the battery is low
Quote by szekelymihai
yeah , active pups need a 9v battery for the built in preamp. you should try replacing it to see if you have the same results. unfortunately, if they are active pickups, they wont work without that battery and sound bad when the battery is low

active pickups dont add feedback to a distortion channel, and distortion to a clean channel. they give higher output and distortion on dirty channels, but dont do much on clean.

as for the mod, possibly a built-in feedbacker?
its a booster circuit. like this one but not as many knobs. neil moser worked for BC rich and he is one of the few who know the circuit and sell the parts. the link is for daul stage with EQ. too many knobs. the feedback is from standing in front of the amp and cranking the booster knob. turn it down a bit. if you still get feedback it could be your pickups are prone to feedback for various reasons. nothing wrong with that just makes things difficult at stage volumes. I have a hunch that you may be able to correct the feedback if you can wire it up out of phase somehow but I'm not sure.

I'm building one from a booster pedal to go in my next guitar that I'm building. its really useful for getting less feed back on long cable runs just dont put it at 10.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Quote by A Certain Death
active pickups dont add feedback to a distortion channel, and distortion to a clean channel. they give higher output and distortion on dirty channels, but dont do much on clean.

Go play a bass with active/passive pickups and tell me still don't hear more treble and sparkle with the active on.
Some of the Dinky's came from the factory with a booster circuit, I think they called it a "Turbo Charger" or something like that.
Quote by Metalhead_28
Some of the Dinky's came from the factory with a booster circuit, I think they called it a "Turbo Charger" or something like that.

damn, why didnt my DX10D come with one?

TS: if you have the amber sunburst DX10D, do we get guitar pr0n? if it's black, you can keep it to yourself

but you should probably know, our dinky's are GREAT for modifying, they have a ginormous control cavity, it can even fit a fernandez sustainer with no other modifications besides drilling for the switches.

its a great guitar, enjoy it!
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
damn, why didnt my DX10D come with one?

TS: if you have the amber sunburst DX10D, do we get guitar pr0n? if it's black, you can keep it to yourself

but you should probably know, our dinky's are GREAT for modifying, they have a ginormous control cavity, it can even fit a fernandez sustainer with no other modifications besides drilling for the switches.

its a great guitar, enjoy it!

thank you and yes its a amber sunburst finish.
Quote by szekelymihai
and you still get those effects?

nope when the batterys out it dies and the switch turns in too a kill switch.
Quote by AEROTROOPER159
thank you and yes its a amber sunburst finish.

Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by Teej212
Pickshas Pleez

better hurry, or i'll start showing off mine
they're so nice for the money, looks and performance.

edit- too late!

Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Last edited by conor1148 at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by conor1148
better hurry, or i'll start showing off mine
they're so nice for the money, looks and performance.

edit- too late!

thats her!!! Its except my has some crazy switch!
could be an afterburner
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by Metalhead_28

^ This.

Jackson went through a period of putting a simple booster/preamp circuit in everything they touched.

Is your Dinky from the pre-Fender Jackson days?
Quote by deftonesordie
Boost circuit. Try it in a medium-gain setting and hit it.

OKay sounds good thanks guy for all the help. really appreciate it
Quote by conor1148
guitar pr0n

Oh if it weren't for the floyd rose and the inlays, i would have came. That's like some sexy lady with acne.
Quote by artnotapathy
Oh if it weren't for the floyd rose and the inlays, i would have came. That's like some sexy lady with acne.

to each their own, i dont like plain dot inlays anymore because of these, unless they are abalone.

for such a cheap guitar, the inlays are very nice.
Official Aspie member

Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

Quote by Teej212
possibly a flux capacitor?

definetly, my grandad used to build them

Nath