ive had my epi les paul custom for about a year and when i got it, it felt really nice but now im noticing that its started to buzz on a few frets. i know that as an epiphone it wouldnt be set up perfectly from the factory and ive never thought to get it properly adjusted.
so is it worth getting it taken to a shop and having the frets levelled so i can drop the action really low right to the fretboard?
If it's only started to buzz,then it's your action.When was the last time you changed your strings?
But either way,it is worth taking in for a proper setup.Steer clear of GC or so I'm told.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
bought some new strings about a month ago, but even if it just the action, i might want my frets lowered anyway so i can play lower to the fretboard. but how much would this improve the playability?
Fret leveling is always an improvement so if you really like your guitar then go for it.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by wardyh
i might want my frets lowered anyway so i can play lower to the fretboard
I can't see what possible advantage that could have
well i assume lower action is faster and smoother?

i know epiphone dont set up their guitars that great, so i was just wondering if its worth spending a lot of money setting it up professionally, or would it not make much of a difference?
because i hate playing with strings miles off the fretboard, so is a fret level the best way to make it more playable?
Quote by zhilla
I can't see what possible advantage that could have

I guess the neck will feel thinner?

I had an SX mockingbird with jumbo jumbo frets (seriously!) that felt like a cheese grater. I leveled them down to mediums, lowered the action and yea, that was sweet. I sold it to a kid down the street because he bugged me to play that guitar.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+