Not sure where to post this but I guess here'll do. Anway...our county fair is coming up in a couple of weeks and it's a week long and it's always a huge deal (some businesses here shut down for the week because of the lack of customers). There's over 5000 cabins that people stay in for the week in the fairgrounds. Myself and a friend of mine have recorded a few acoustic demos over the past few years and I've been waaayyy out of state for about 8 months, so we've both written a lot of new songs and both of us have agreed to play at several cabins this year (around 15 so far). We'll just be doing acoustic shows and it's just gonna be the two of us. We've got a ton of originals, but people always want to here something familiar they can sing along too....especially when they're drunk. So here's a list of the covers we play (some of them), and we've been playing most of these for years....

PLEASE give me some suggestions about other songs to play. I love all of these songs but geez....Kinda tired of playing a lot of them. If this list seems excessive, just remember that we're not playing all of this in one sitting. This is just something for us to pick from so as not to play the same songs over and over.

Cure My Tragedy - Cold
The City Ignites - 36 Crazyfists
Knockin on Heaven's Door - GNR
Patience - GNR
December - Collective Soul
What's This Life For - Creed
Colors - Crossfade
Over and Under - Egypt Central
What It's Like - Everlast
More Than Words - Extreme
The Bleeding - Five Finger Death Punch
Alone in this Bed - Framing Hanley
Serenity - Godsmack
Alcohol and Ass - Hellyeah
Better Than Me - Hinder
Rapture - Hurt
Only God Knows Why - Kid Rock
Behind Blue Eyes - The Who
I Alone - Live
Simple Man - Shinedown
Sex and Candy - Marcy Playground
Push - Matchbox Twenty
Turn the Page - Metallica
Polly - Nirvana
Wonderwall - Oasis
Finding Myself - Smile Empty Soul
Alive - Pearl Jam
Drift and Die - Puddle of Mudd
Pieces - Red
Face Down - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Seven - Revis
Fine Again - Seether
Broken - Seether
Cumbersome - Seven Mary Three
The Past - Sevendust
Another Hero Lost - Shadows Fall
45 - Shinedown
Shed Some Light - Shinedown
Your Winter - Sister Hazel
With This Knife - Smile Empty Soul
Left Hand Charity - 36 Crazyfists
Lie to Me - 12 Stones
Caught in the Rain - Revis
It's Been Awhile - Staind
So Far Away - Staind
Right Here - Staind
Outside - Staind
Believe - Staind
So Long - Stereoside
Bother - Stone Sour
Jumper - Third Eye Blind
Never Too Late - Three Days Grace
If You Could Only See - Tonic
Sober - Tool
How You Remind Me - Nickelback
Santa Monica - Theory of a Deadman
Bend the Bracket - Chevelle
Seein' Red - Unwritten Law
Forever and Always - Bullet for my Valentine

We'd really like some 'happy' songs to play. As you can see, the majority of this list are somewhat down-tempo songs. Thanks in advance for any ideas!
those are pretty ... metal... no bad thing but it won't be what most people know and what most people like. (just going from my gigging experience here)

look at brit rock of you want some happier family friendly songs. Oasis are great to play as a pair and pretty well known. The beatles are an obvious band as well (the most tabbed band on UG no less). Simon and garfunkel pretty much were just 2 guys with an acoutsic guitarjack johnson is always nice. Maybe some cream, though that'd be quite hard to arrange acoustically (though makes me think layla). foo fighters may work as well. jack johnson perchance, i know he's not liked so much on here, but i think he has a good groove.

Need i even mention that Led Zeppelin and chili's are are guaranteed hit?

EDIT: why no go the whole sinatra on them, chuck in fly me to the moon and everything?
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Last edited by doive at Jul 3, 2009,
Most of our listeners here are teenagers and a great number of those songs are popular here. I was kinda thinking maybe some Bob Dylan and George Thorogood (I live in the south). We did add Let it Be to the list...and Jack Johnson has some nice songs that would fit in perfectly. Layla is a good idea. Maybe Foo Fighters too. And I can't pull off Zeppelin or Sinatra (I'm singing)...Chili Peppers maybe. Under the Bridge was huge here. I was thinking of some Fuel too.... Thanks for the input man.