So for the most part i've played bass and done screams in the backgrounds for most bands, and I'm pretty good at screaming... the things is though I've really always wanted to be a vocalist, and want to also get my clean vocals on par with my screaming... I'm looking to start a band similar to blessthefall, and I want to get my clean vocals similar to the style of craig mabbit's... I can already scream, I just want to know how I can practice getting those clean vocals going.
wrong forum I guess...singing thread.
They explain everything I could there.
But even if I knew how to sing properly I needed 4-5 months to actually sing that way.
It seems simple at first...
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I'm guessing since you scream. You already know about breathing techniques and using your diapraghm (spelling?) and such?

That's the basics down (presuming you do). From there, I'd just say practice and try to find a voice which you like, not just trying to have Craig's voice. If it's natural and that's how your voice is, fair enough. But don't go chasing after it if it's not - More likely than not, you won't have an identical voice to his.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Quote by Carl6661
I'm guessing since you scream. You already know about breathing techniques and using your diapraghm (spelling?) and such?

That's the basics down (presuming you do). From there, I'd just say practice and try to find a voice which you like, not just trying to have Craig's voice. If it's natural and that's how your voice is, fair enough. But don't go chasing after it if it's not - More likely than not, you won't have an identical voice to his.

I don't want to sound exactly like him, I just want a similar sound to fit that genre, basically a somewhat high pitched singing, also reference a skylit drive for the type of singing I'm referring too.

You can scream? No wonder peaple are not buying music or going to see bands any more!

and who the **** are you?
Screaming works differently to singing, diphragmatic breathing is much different to tightening the hell out of it, you dont want to have a stressed out tight stomach.. and relax, remember, always relaxed.. it'll take ages to get your body out of the habit of tightening everything.. it did with me, I can scream, death metal grunts.. all that jazz, but my singing is so far under par its not funny, on youtube there is a dude called Eric Arcenaux, or something like that, he does pretty good videos, explains stuff right, gives some good warm ups to help make your cleans.. pretty, check that out.. I guess ha ha