I'll start off bluntly, my old guitar was set aflame in my house when it was on fire so after about six months I'm finally able to buy a brand new guitar.

I'm looking to buy a guitar that can achieve sounds similar to the following bands:
- Bring Me The Horizon
- Parkway Drive
- The Devil Wears Prada
- Escape The Fate
- blessthefall

Basically "hardcore/screamo" type music.

My budget is over $1,000 and if I really needed to probably around $2,000. Not including an amp. Which brings me to my next cry for help. If one of you are nice enough to help me out on what guitar to pick would you also suggest what kind of amplifier I should get to match with it?

Overall Budget: ~ $2,500

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Radwan at Jul 4, 2009,
another bump for you.... live thread live!!!!!

something with EMGs i supoose? Jim root tele ~
Try some esp's

LTD h-1001
EC-1000
mh-1000

Ect. as for the amp What is your budget for that?

EDIT: With a 2k budget Maybe try carvins Custom shop, I would sugest a 6505, Framus Cobra (if you can get one used) Parkway Drive uses boosted 5150's so that might be something to check out
Last edited by metalcorefan at Jul 4, 2009,
Well, i would recomend you the ESP LTD above 400's series (they have EMG 81/60) and a lot of metalcore, hardcore, screamo uses those pickups, and shape i would recomend you to buy the one you like and feel comfortable, go to a Guitar Center or similar and see some instruments, and try the ones you like.
Hope it helps, good luck ^-^
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier for the amp or a 6505+. And you should have about $750-$1000 left over.
It was an eletrical spark.

Thanks for all of the replies, I also forgot to mention I use Left-Handed Guitars in case that may affect something?
What's your total budget OVERALL?
If you have 3,000 to spend, you can get a Bogner on eBay for 2grand, and a nice guitar for 600 used.
Gear :

Ibanez RG2570 (has yet to post pics)
Crap Wal-Mart guitar that came in a 70 buck starters pack.
Marshall MG15, I know
Quote by Radwan
It was an eletrical spark.

Thanks for all of the replies, I also forgot to mention I use Left-Handed Guitars in case that may affect something?

-_-
that changes alot some guitar dont come left handed