at least i think but i hope not. It's been working very slow lately, and sometimes works fine after a restart. so i figured out its a virus. OK, i set AVG to scan for a virus but the scan's bee working for an hour and no big progress on the scan, still in windows folder.
Last time I ran a scan was last week, found some viruses (again) and deleted them, but i can't get to see if there a re any viruses in my PC this way.

Any advices ? Please
I hope your in safe mode when you run these scans otherwise you might as well not bother a lot of the time
Quote by szekelymihai
at least i think but i hope not. It's been working very slow lately, and sometimes works fine after a restart. so i figured out its a virus. OK, i set AVG to scan for a virus but the scan's bee working for an hour and no big progress on the scan, still in windows folder.
Last time I ran a scan was last week, found some viruses (again) and deleted them, but i can't get to see if there a re any viruses in my PC this way.

Any advices ? Please

Stop the scan, restart in safe mode and do it again. I would also recommend that you change your AV; AVG used to be pretty good but the newer versions suck ass.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by JackalUK
I hope your in safe mode when you run these scans otherwise you might as well not bother a lot of the time

why is that? because honestly i wasnt doing it that way.

Yeah im not that dumb to delete any windows related folders

And to ZAPHOD: What AV would you reccomend? is McAfee any good?
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Stop the scan, restart in safe mode and do it again. I would also recommend that you change your AV; AVG used to be pretty good but the newer versions suck ass.

kaspersky ftw
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
In safe mode it's more likely the virus, adware whatever will be disabled and less likely to duplicate itself and come back after you thought you got rid of it
new computer , urs sucks!
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
Quote by szekelymihai
And to ZAPHOD: What AV would you reccomend? is McAfee any good?

If you're going to pay then get ESET NOD32, it's cheap and good. If you feel more like going free then I'd recommend either Avast! or Avira Antivir.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Lomu
If you want a good AV get something like Norton 360

*slaps* Get out. Now.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
hahahaha Norton.... lolololololo
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Avira is a really good free program, I'd recommend it. The obvious thing to ask would be is you HD nearly full
Quote by Lomu
If you want a good AV get something like Norton 360

thats one the stupidest things i've heard on this site next to "nickelback is good"
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
If you're going to pay then get ESET NOD32, it's cheap and good. If you feel more like going free then I'd recommend either Avast! or Avira Antivir.

ESET ftw! Hasn't let me down yet.
Quote by Helpy Helperton
Avira is a really good free program, I'd recommend it. The obvious thing to ask would be is you HD nearly full

it is ... lets say about 80% full. im aware of that but it hasnt worked that bad with it 95% full.

I am not getting Norton, i had it and the situation was similar to this one