i wanna buy a good but fairly priced delay pedal to thicken up my solos a bit. i just need something that can do basic fading-style delay (like in a Vox Valvetronic amp) without breaking the bank. doesnt need to do anything fancy!

ill go up to about £50-60.

any help is appreciated
thanks
Up The Irons!
cool i watched some videos and it looks good man, anything cheaper, itd be cool if it was even simpler than that! with just a sort of echo delay (i think thats what im after, not good with effects sorry!)
Up The Irons!
Quote by nightraven
yeah. and yeah, it's a clone of the DMM. of course i doubt it uses NOS panasonic chips - it probably uses the chinese copies but it sounds very good. in fact there are some people over at the EHX forum who use them. i know for sure that there's one guy with two on his board

Apparently their VD400 vintage delay is proper analog as well.
For 25 ****ing pounds....i don't see HOW you can go wrong!

But im going to save up and get that DMB Lunar Echo....none of this Behringer stuff for me.
Quote by nightraven
same. i'd rather shell out on the real deal. in the end they're still behringers and the quality of the components isn't as good as the proper pedals. but they are very good value.

by the way, speaking of DMB. have you heard of the european dealer 'crush the button'?
a guy i know who's currently crazy about the lunar echo ever since i showed him it emailed mr crushthebutton to try and get him to stock DMB pedals on this site of the planet

so hopefully those who live continents away can get the lunar echo!

sweet!

But I'm probably going to be in the US 2 years from now so i might as well get it there.
I'm not in a hurry or anything...i have 2 delays to work with now.

When do you think the dealer is going to get em?
Or has he not said yes yet?

And i heard of the pedal from you as well.
It's bad enouh you have such severe GAS....you now have to infect others as well?!
I actually recommended it to my local store guy for people who want boutique effects and stuff. Predictably, he loved it.
Quote by nightraven

we have to jump on ours quickly! when more people find out about this i can't imagine the huge waiting lists

Nooo!

STOP TALKING RIGHT NO----

Quote by nightraven

hopefully when my 'mystery pedal' arrives in the mail i'll be able to sell off one of the ones i currently own and then order my lunar echo

I'll just buy it from you then....you'll probably have like 15 other analog delays by then.
If you do, will you sell it?

Quote by Moomar
ill go up to about £50-60.

any help is appreciated
thanks

I suggest you sell you Pitchblack, pool in the 50/60 bucks and get yourself a nice Carbon Copy.
Or get a nice digital delay with some analog modulation. You can get some for cheap on the bay and gear ads.

Who needs to tune anyway?
Last edited by unet at Jul 3, 2009,
Quote by nightraven
my mystery pedal isn't a delay

No...i meant the DMB.
wtf is this mystery pedal anyway?

Quote by nightraven

i don't have any delays right now (other than my copicat)

Oh no!
JUST the copicat?
Poor you...
Bitch.

Quote by nightraven

but when i get the lunar echo i'll start saving for a DMM

BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN IM SELLING THE LUNAR ECHO >[

GAS ftl...

Yes you will.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
Sell it to me.
Quote by nightraven
so you want me to sell you the lunar echo the moment it gets into my house?

Nope...in 2 years when you have 6 other delays, you'll sell it to me.

Quote by nightraven

how much of a TGPer do you take me for?

Hey!
They're nice people....sold me 2 delays.
Complete gear *****s though.

Quote by nightraven
i think i told you the mystery pedal a few weeks back. it's super awesome. i kept it a secret at first, then the deal looked like it was going to crumble so i posted it in the post rock thread but it worked out and the parcel is slowly making its way to me... i'm hyping this up a lot
hendriko, faisal and deniz all know what this pedal is and they love it as much as i do (i think) >.>

Flanger hoax?
I got the Biyang AD-8 for that exact same purpose. Awesome pedal for how cheap it is (~£35 on eBay).
404: Sig not found.
Quote by nightraven
they're massive gear*****s
but there are also some very clever people there

i'm digging HCFX more than TGP though. it's more community-y.

and no, not the flanger hoax haha. muchhhhh better. well to be honest this is a really un-TPR pedal and i'm sure you and the whole thread won't really give a crap haha. but it's super rare, super expensive and sounds SUPER awesome (hopefully)

I'm a member on both but i don''t use the forums much.
I just troll the gear pages.

Ampeg Scrambler?
Lovetone Ring Stinger?
Something MAestro?
Something Ross?
Univox?

OLD EHX?

AAAARRGGH!!
Quote by nightraven
that's really dirt cheap as far as good delays go.

for what you want you really need an analogue delay and this is quite possibly the cheapest on the market that is properly analogue and sounds good

and you'll really like the modulation on it as well. imo that's the key to getting a delay to thicken your sound up because it'll start to warble and chorus your sound slightly and that adds proper depth

that looks like a good ****ing deal.
on another note, the rocktron short timer is only like $75
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Get the delta lab dd1 digital delay. I use it on all of my solos. It sounds great and is really cheap. I got mine for like $40 new. I don't know what that would be in your money but it is really cheap and good. I love the modulation effects too.
Last edited by Deanguitarist39 at Jul 3, 2009,
For just thickening up your sound and not actually doing a bunch of experimental diddly-doo-da, I'd say Ibanez AD-9.

Quote by nightraven
instead, be put off by the infinite amounts of 'BOSS DD386517' that'll probably come across

Good lord, you sure do hate them digital delays, don't you? One of these days I'm gonna put up clips of my Hardwire DL-8 to find out what you think of it...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by nightraven
and they look horrible
Whaaaaaat?! They look gorgeous. Love my DL-8 really hard! <3
404: Sig not found.
They are true bypass though. There's a switch inside for repeats with the pedal off/on which also enables true bypass or buffer respectively...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
No gut pix, sorry. Not quite willing to take my baby apart, plus it's got allen key things in the bottom which I can't loosen. I loved my DD-3 (well, except for the popping at higher time settings) until it broke
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Raijouta
No gut pix, sorry. Not quite willing to take my baby apart, plus it's got allen key things in the bottom which I can't loosen. I loved my DD-3 (well, except for the popping at higher time settings) until it broke

I just looked at your sig, though that was your gear list and had a little heart attack.

Yes, PDS = awesome.

It's nuts the number of things a person can do with multiple delays.
just to add,if you go digital delay,they eat batteries
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
thanks for all the response guys!
i ended up buying a Behringer VD400 after watching a few youtube videos and seems cool. if its a piece of crap, ill send it back
ill probably end up getting more than one delay anyway.
i really want the hardwire delay but its just so damn expensive. but the hardwire pedals are amazing! super sturdy and sound aweomse.

hopefully behringer will be worth the £26 ive paid!

thanks again
Up The Irons!