Hello, hope this is the right subforum...

Anyways, a while ago ( that is going to be 2 weeks ) I have bought ESP V-II. Since the beginning, however, it had been making some sort of metallic cracking noise whenever I press any string at 1st fret. At first I thought that the strings were new and that sound would eventually disappear ( as it did with my other guitar) but now after two weeks, when strings aren't exactly new ( 26 hours of playing) they still produce this metallic cracking sound. It doesn't even produce normal sound unless I press too hard.

Any suggestions? I feel kind of lost at the moment. Thanks!
sounds like fret buzz.

have you tried adjusting it as all?

there's a floyd thread at the top of the page.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
My guitar doesn't have Floyd Rose.

Edit: Disregard please, I looked at a wrong thread.
Last edited by Aalexanderrr at Jul 3, 2009,
new guitar = new warranty apparently esp guitars get 2 years warranty take it back the shop let them sort it.
well it sounds like it just needs a setup. you can walk it back to the store and have them check the neck relief.

sorry i said floyd, i was just guessing and i couldnt be bothered looking up your guitar.

but there's also a set up thread for TOM style bridges right next to the floyd one,

you can click the green link in my sig to see it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yeeah, ESP do have 2 year long warranty. I don't really want to return it since so far this guitar is the best one I have played. I will take it to the shop tomorrow and consult there. Maybe it indeed needs some adjusting. Thanks!