My friend asked me to sell his guitar on eBay and give him a rough estimate on what he could expect to recieve for it. I'm not really sure though, I've never dealt with a locking trem but I sure as hell know that this one isn't looking too healthy - I've also never heard of the brand. He got it for £120.

Pics:

Without the locking trem being fixed, what are we looking at here?
Would the price significantly increase if it were to be setup properly? (I couldn't do it though, I'm not going near the thing...)

That is the most horribly set up vibrato I have ever seen...

If no one has heard of the brand, you´ll have trouble getting hits for it on ebay. Probably less than 50% if I had to guess.

A set up probably would not increase the value, but it would increase the bidders´confidence in the sale.
As said - unknown brand will likely mean few people will find it, but it will likely attract the beginning metal head due to the shape and locking trem, so you should at least get something for it sooner or later. Get the bridge set up though - I know I either would ignore or expect to pay less for a bridge like that, so fixing it should increase your chances.
Quote by Vlasco
That is the most horribly set up vibrato I have ever seen...

If no one has heard of the brand, you´ll have trouble getting hits for it on ebay. Probably less than 50% if I had to guess.

A set up probably would not increase the value, but it would increase the bidders´confidence in the sale.

^ this, but you could put " BC rich style " then w/e noname title of the guitar. Is that licensed floyd or a noname just like the guitar ?

EDIT: also put it up the the gear ads forum here.
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Last edited by ac/dc752 at Jul 3, 2009,
It looks more like an LTD/ESP AX series guitar, if you want to put a name in there and say it´s a knock off of it.
hmmm now really looking at it i guess it does... but its f*ckin pointy so my mind automatically associated it with BC rich :P
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
Ive got exactly the same one, most people wont even take it, but you're looking about £50 absolute max. Cos' the guitar is only worth £~80
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
That is a knockoff of the ESP/LTD AX guitar for sure, The Trem is set up so bad that needs to be addressed before you put it up on Ebay. Even if you just loosened the strings and tightened the springs you might be able to get it to sit right. You probably won't get much for it. I have seen them new under a few different names for a around $130.00 new. National Music Supply used to sell them for that price with no name on the HS.

Gear 4? If it is I never heard of that one but i would bet it was made in the same factory as the NMS version.

John