Does anyone know if the robot guitars have been discontinued? I don't see them anywhere much anymore.

It's such a pain in the arse to switch between tunings.
"teh most gains"
the first production model that comes in blue and white. that i happen to own. there was only 4000 of them. i have serial number 1826. but all the other models like in red and green and such more are not I don't think
Originally Posted by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

Last edited by Deaths Icecream at Jul 3, 2009,
How about you dont spend $3000 on a guitar that does something that you can do easily by yourself? Why not get a better guitar for 1/3 of the price?
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

^+1,000,000
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by VanTheKraut
How about you dont spend $3000 on a guitar that does something that you can do easily by yourself? Why not get a better guitar for 1/3 of the price?

Because it is "such a pain in the arse to switch between tuning"
SamAsh had a bunch of them in. I played one. Once you get the hang of how to change tunings etc it's pretty cool actually.

GC has them on sale for $1300, Samash had them in store for $1000. Speaking of the SG models. I almost pulled the trigger on one. Sounded and felt very nice.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Because it is "such a pain in the arse to switch between tuning"

hahaha

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by nightraven
the fender equivalent sounds far better and plays better and has more options and is cheaper and doesn't look stupid

What model is that?
"teh most gains"
The robots are a horrible gimmick.

Spend the extra money and get a used Gibson Historic reissue if you want to be in that price range. Then you'll have an amazing guitar instead of an okay one you don't have to tune...
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs

They are not a gimmick, they are a godsend for those who play in alternate tunings.
"teh most gains"
Let's say you play the guitar every day, and it takes you 10 seconds to tune it

1 year = 365 days * 10 seconds = 3650 seconds

3650 seconds / 60 / 60 = ~1.014 hours / year.

Down at the factory where I work, I make approximately 40$ / hour, which means that all the time I spend tuning, I could have been at the factory earning money.

Okay so one year of tuning is worth approximately 40$. So let's say the robot system is 400$ to make it easy. After 10 years it will show that it has payed off to buy the robot guitar.

Accurate? Hell no!
Quote by bubb_tubbs

Spend the extra money and get a used Gibson Historic reissue if you want to be in that price range. Then you'll have an amazing guitar instead of an okay one you don't have to tune...

You do know that they are $1000 and not $3000 right?
Quote by gregs1020

True. Whoever said it was $3000, they actually run at around $1800. Not TOO bad in my opinion.
"teh most gains"
Quote by 667

/Thread

Stephen Colbert FTW!
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by nightraven
you forgot to compensate for the time it takes to debug the tuning system

And that for the few weeks I saw them advertised seperately the price was $899, not $400.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Like I said, I was very close to pulling the trigger on one. They had a dark blue one, never saw a dark blue SG before, it was gorgeous.
Quote by gregs1020

LnM has them for $1800.

I can get a used R7 for $400 more.
Quote by mountain2012
They are not a gimmick, they are a godsend for those who play in alternate tunings.

You can't tune your own guitar with a chromatic tuner?

Or do you mean mid-song?

Besides, you can buy these units and install them yourself on a guitar you already own for far less than the added price of a Robot Studio over the normal version.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Jul 3, 2009,
it actually sounds good and the Darkfire, a better robot w/ a piezo system actually looks promising
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by bubb_tubbs
LnM has them for $1800.

So if it was $1000, would it be worth it?
Quote by gregs1020
So if it was $1000, would it be worth it?

Perhaps, since it's nearly half price.

I still think it's completely useless though.

Quote by Danyg

Down at the factory where I work, I make approximately 40$ / hour, which means that all the time I spend tuning, I could have been at the factory earning money.

Okay so one year of tuning is worth approximately 40$. So let's say the robot system is 400$ to make it easy. After 10 years it will show that it has payed off to buy the robot guitar.

Accurate? Hell no!

the only con about the robot is not just the price

1. its really heavy which makes it hard to play long gigs with
2. doesn't sounds as good as other les pauls in the price range
3. takes batteries...if they die on stage your screwed
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Perhaps, since it's nearly half price.

I still think it's completely useless though.

I don't think you want to like it much. Which is fine, it's your right not to.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
LnM has them for $1800.

Besides, you can buy these units and install them yourself on a guitar you already own for far less than the added price of a Robot Studio over the normal version.

What is LnM?

To install this would be pretty dang expensive, especially considering the mods to the body of the guitar, which would completely devalue it. I think it's better to buy buy a robot.
"teh most gains"
Long and McQuade.

Personally, it seems like a gimmick to me. But, if it plays great, sounds great, and isn't hugely overpriced, it'd be cool.
Quote by gregs1020
I don't think you want to like it much. Which is fine, it's your right not to.

I just haven't played one I liked yet, so I can't justify spending almost the same amount for a Standard on a Studio that has a $100 self tuner (if you buy it separately from a third-party) built in.

I could buy a used Studio that sounded great and mod it myself for a little less than half that price.

I'm sure they're like any other Studios though, in that you have to play a bunch before you find one really good one.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
I just haven't played one I liked yet, so I can't justify spending almost the same amount for a Standard on a Studio that has a $100 self tuner (if you buy it separately from a third-party) built in.

I'm sure it's worth at least $200. It is a pretty high tech piece of equipment considering the mechanical parts, electronics, and stuff with the bridge.

I think all the nay sayers are exhibiting luddite behavior and won't accept technology on their guitar.
"teh most gains"
i tested out a robot sg and it was pretty good, the tuning definitely saves time for guess and check, and for the value i would definitely get one,
I thought the Robot was getting replaced with Dark Fire? Still silly even if the Dark Fire has some neat features.
Quote by Danyg

Accurate? Hell no!

now count in the people who tune from standard to drop d to open d to open g in between songs at shows, practice, and at home. it takes more than 10 seconds a day to tune like that. for those kind of people, this guitar saves them lots of time and money. no need to bring 4 or 5 guitars to a show
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I'd much rather pick up a Fender VG strat, but that's just me.

Unless the Robot guitar in question happens to be an Explorer, then I would grab that.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
to answer the OP's original question...

no...they have not been discontinued.