I was wondering what the technical differences between the 2200s like we all know the 2203 is the best sounding but why? What technical aspects make it better than say the 2204?
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
i know the 2203 is 100 watts and the 2204 is 50

not what you asked but the 2203,2204 differ from other 800s because they are still single channel

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

i think the 2204 IS the 2203 but with half the wattage. i didnt know about them becoming multi-channel (somehow), but that would be why the earlier ones sounded better. it was more of a pure sound because there was less circuitry for it to go through. the more features you add to an amp, the more of your tone you lose. kinda like pedals. ever gone through like 50 pedals, half of which weren't even on, and then plugged straight into the amp? straight into the amp gets alot more of the nuances of your playing.
you know, ive owned 8 different guitars over my lifetime, and right now i have 3. i wanna know what the hell happened...i mean the picks and cables are understandable, they disappear into thin air all the time, but guitars?

Quote by kylendm
I was wondering what the technical differences between the 2200s like we all know the 2203 is the best sounding but why? What technical aspects make it better than say the 2204?

Some people like certain ones more, but neither is "better" than the other.

The 2203 has more headroom and tighter bass response.
The 2204 has warmer power tube breakup and has a "brown" tone when cranked.

Personally, I'd take the 2204 for rock and hard rock and mod a 2203 for heavy metal, but they can both perform the same tasks well.

TBH I'd bet there are few people who could tell the differences between them just from a blind clip.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Some have differnt quality and subtly different components.

THe Number of caps varies as well.

I believe all 2204s have 3 caps.
the (suposedly) "good" 2203s have 5 caps.

Do not quote me on that . Check out GAbes MArshall thread. there are answeres there..
Quote by Luxifer
which jcm uses diode clipping again?

2205 and 2210.
Quote by customisbetter
Some have differnt quality and subtly different components.

THe Number of caps varies as well.

I believe all 2204s have 3 caps.
the (suposedly) "good" 2203s have 5 caps.

6 caps.

The 3 cap models appeared in 85 and had 6550s in them, which work with 3 filter caps. However, if you mod them for EL34s, they sound awful running 100W through only 3 capacitors.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Jul 3, 2009,