Im Irish , used to play flute in an irsh music band , now i find irish music one of the most annoying things in the world ,
Vintage ICON Peter Green Replica Les Paul
Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (New Valves )
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo
Quote by slashfan189
Im Irish , used to play flute in an irsh music band , now i find irish music one of the most annoying things in the world ,

yeah, thanks for the help.....
A jig is usually in 6/8(counted - 1 2 3 1 2 3) time if that's any help?

And uptempo of course.
Quote by Nietsche
A jig is usually in 6/8(counted - 1 2 3 1 2 3) time if that's any help?

And uptempo of course.

I mean is there like, any certain type of scale/mode used? or any cliche note patterns or something? cuz its just like its really easy to pick out irish music becuase of the way it sounds, but how does it sound like that?
look up the tab for as much irish tunes as you can. try and pick out licks or chord progressions that really have that irish feel. i know it's not that helpful, but thats what i did to get a sense of Incubus' style and it worked.
^ true.most irish guitar is in DADGAD but the guitar is almost always an accompaniment instrument.the major scale and mixolydian are the most prevalent sounds in trad music and it always has a very strong resolution
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Eggmond
^ true.most irish guitar is in DADGAD but the guitar is almost always an accompaniment instrument.the major scale and mixolydian are the most prevalent sounds in trad music and it always has a very strong resolution

i've noticed that, but i figured that if i figure out a way to incorporate irish music into some of my original stuff, it might sound prett cool and it would be really different. or if i would just write an irish-type song and play what you would normally hear from the violin/fiddle on guitar.
Quote by canvasDude
look up the tab for as much irish tunes as you can. try and pick out licks or chord progressions that really have that irish feel. i know it's not that helpful, but thats what i did to get a sense of Incubus' style and it worked.

actually that may be pretty helpful... i was just listening to "What's left of the flag" by flogging molly and really liked the sound of the chord progression
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
yeah, thanks for the help.....

No prob !
Vintage ICON Peter Green Replica Les Paul
Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (New Valves )
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo
From GCSE i kinda learnt that most traditional Irish music is in 6/8 time for a double jig (someone also said this), usually consisting of continuous quavers and usually in the key of G major and D major.....because i think that is the keys instruments such as tin whistle or something is limited to....sorry ain't 100%, but i just can't remember atm.

Plus I'm Irish (if that means anything lol)!
Last edited by Axe Samurai at Jul 3, 2009,