Okay, so as I sat through the usual, run-of-the-mill, boring previews for other movies, while waiting for Transformers 2 to start, THIS came on.

Now, I don't know about the rest of the Pit, but I freaking loved this show when it was on Nickelodeon. I honestly had no idea there was any intention to make a live-action movie of it, and I for one, am curious to see how it's going to come out.

I'm not too sure how M. Night Shyamalan was the choice for directing, but maybe it will work out.

And it's going to be a trilogy.

Thoughts?
havent seen the trailer but the cartoon was pretty cool

wow i need a job...
That kid looks rediculously young. Should be decent, if not good. Wonder what story it'll follow?

Edit: I'm more excited for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oad-4FZhWOI
it looks like it should be good as well.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Last edited by Insanitydenied at Jul 3, 2009,
Fantastic show, and I was stoked until I saw that Shyamalan was doing it. Something about that just doesn't seem right. Hopefully we don't find out that the kid is really dead the whole time or something.
Saw the trailer and thought "Oh ****, an airbender movie. How could this be worse?" Then I saw M night was directing. Son of a bitch.
SOAS
I loved the show, as well. Watched it about 3 times. lol So of course I wanna watch the movie like a teenage girl who wants breasts.
Quote by JackalUK
So is this film about gays on a plane?

I've had it with these mother****ing homos on this mother****ing bison!
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
I really doubt M. Night is going to throw in a bunch of twists, so I'm confident he'll do a good job.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Deliriumbassist
iI've refused to watch either of the new Transformers films. Transformers: The Movie will always hold a place in my heart.

It was pretty epic, it summed up cartoons in one nice convenient feature length film. Your decision to not watch the modern ones is wise, especially if you are not heavily into Megan Fox or mindless action.
Quote by blynd_snyper
It was pretty epic, it summed up cartoons in one nice convenient feature length film. Your decision to not watch the modern ones is wise, especially if you are not heavily into Megan Fox or mindless action.

I can get plenty of Megan Fox without watching the films, to be fair.

*looks at the basement door*
This show is awesome. Me and my girlfriend like to watch it marathon style from time to time.
i smoke too.
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Hmmm... Shyamalan directing... ah well, hopefully he'll see the title has "airBENDER" in it, and decide it needs no more stupid twists.
Zing!

Quote by blynd_snyper
More importantly, did you also find Transformers 2 pretty shit?

I thought it was okay. It had some blatantly stupid plot moves though. Pretty much the only reason it was good was because I loved Transformers when I was little.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
Well, can't be any worse than the cartoon, atleast.
You say the as if the cartoon wasn't any good. Poo on you, good sir. Poo on you.
I'm pretty stoked on it. I'm surprised with Shyamalan directing it's not called "The Last Airtwister"

Get it?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Tire Me.
It was a surprisingly high quality show, and with M Night directing, I have high hopes.

I loved the show as well but I have an odd feeling M. Night will run it into the ground.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
When I first saw the preview in theatres, I was with an Asian friend. Immediately when it came on he was like, "They better have an Asian kid as Aang." I lol'd He was literally disappointed, but he was "Asian-looking" at least.

When I saw that M. Night Shymalan was directing, for some reason I kept trying to decide whether I thought The Village was an okay movie or not.

I watched the cartoon a couple times when it was on, and I can kinda see how a lot of people liked it, but personally I wasn't a huge fan. A majority of it was kickass though.
Personally I think the actor they chose for Aang looks all wrong, face is too chubby and what-not, where as Aang himself was pretty streamlined in the show.

I'm with TS, I ****ing loved that show, and cant really wait to see this.

Also, TS, were you pissed as well at the last episode? Where Zuko asks his father where his mother is and it just ends??

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Personally I think the actor they chose for Aang looks all wrong, face is too chubby and what-not, where as Aang himself was pretty streamlined in the show.

I'm with TS, I ****ing loved that show, and cant really wait to see this.

Also, TS, were you pissed as well at the last episode? Where Zuko asks his father where his mother is and it just ends??

YES! WHERE THE HELL IS SHE?!?
I hated it when it was on TV.. so Its unlikely I'll be going to see it at the cinema..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I hate the show, so I don't think I'll be seeing this. Not on purpose, at least.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.