Well, I don't really know if its a problem. But I have noticed when I play faster, on the lower strings my ring finger and my pinky on my picking hand tend to rest on the high e string. Is this considered a bad habit?
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Could be, it depends, do they have to be there for you to play accurately or can you still play well if you take them off? If it's the former then I'd say it's a form of anchor and you should work to remedy it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
no, not at all inless it makes a noise , like if your fingers accedently set them off , its all down to personal prefrance , whatever feels confy
Well, it doesn't make any noise, they just rest there. It feels awkward when I try to play differently though.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
That's definitely not a problem. Joe Satriani does that purposely to mute higher strings and make his playing cleaner.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
Quote by Jimmy_Page_Zep
That's definitely not a problem. Joe Satriani does that purposely to mute higher strings and make his playing cleaner.

Absolutely what i was going to mention.

It's a good thing to rest your fingers on the open strings as it can lessen any unwanted ringing. It provides for a much smoother playing style.

I tend to rest my middle, ring, and pinky fingers on the open strings while playing with a pick. And if you want to "cheat" a string-crossing lick, sometimes you can use your middle, ring, and pinky fingers to pick instead (i.e. Jimmy Page, Buckethead.)

It's all a matter of personal style, really
If your hand is free and able to move without tension, then you're fine. Otherwise, it's a problem that needs fixing. I would recommend playing with a completely free hand floating a millimeter above the strings or bridge and using your fretting hand's index finger to mute the higher strings, but it all boils down to whether you have tension or not. If not, you're good.
Quote by pfjunkie
And if you want to "cheat" a string-crossing lick, sometimes you can use your middle, ring, and pinky fingers to pick instead (i.e. Jimmy Page, Buckethead.)

Good old Chicken' Pickin' hahaha
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.
It is a bad habit, I reccomend you to practice very slowly. The best way of getting through bad habits is slowing down a bit and try no to skip steps that are necessary to focus.