I was thinking about switching my regular 5 way switch to a 3way toggle switch (in the EBMM fashion), with push-pulls to keep the splitting possibilities.

Would it even fit, without any routing? Has anyone done it before?
The only possibility that I could think of to avoid routing would be to somehow fit it through one of the holes for the pots. Then you'd just have to figure out a method of push/pull etc for the other controls to fit around it
Quote by bazuriya
I was thinking about switching my regular 5 way switch to a 3way toggle switch (in the EBMM fashion), with push-pulls to keep the splitting possibilities.

Would it even fit, without any routing? Has anyone done it before?
Dunno which 5-way or more importantly what guitar you're putting this in, Baz.

all toggles are not made the same.
Some are long, some are right-angle, some (like the diMarzio) are fairly compact.
How much space was originally routed and what your particular toggle needs might match up, or not. YMMV.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Mmm, I was thinking of the Schecter C7, but I can't tell exactly what 5 way it has.

A while back I tried to name it, but I couldn't as the pinout was wierd, and the real wiring wasn't wired as shown in the website diagram. I even mailed Schecter asking about it, but I got no reply.

So, the most accurate description I have is that it looks more like

than like this

well you could use a tele 3-way or a Megaswitch-T, ya know...
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
well you could use a tele 3-way or a Megaswitch-T, ya know...

I was thinking this as well. It should fit in all 5-way switch slots.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Yeah, but the 3 way blade switches that I've seen so far have the same run width as a 5 way, i.e.,
angle @ position 1 of 3 way = angle @ position 1 of 5 way
angle @ position 2 of 3 way = angle @ position 3 of 5 way
angle @ position 3 of 3 way = angle @ position 5 of 5 way

All I want with a small toggle switch is to shorten distance between extreme positions, otherwise, I wouldn't mind passing over positions 2&4

Does such a small run 3 way blade switch (© exist?
I don't think so. You'd have to either use a Gibson style switch, or a mini-switch.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
So you basically want a normal 3-way switch that has the same dimensions as a 5-way? Not gonna happen.
You can wire the guitar so position 1 switches with 2, and 5 with 4. Then just don't use 1 and 5.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
So you basically want a normal 3-way switch that has the same dimensions as a 5-way? Not gonna happen.
You can wire the guitar so position 1 switches with 2, and 5 with 4. Then just don't use 1 and 5.

This would be a better way to do it. And just put something like duck tape over the places where positions 5 and 1 would be so you don't accidentally switch to them.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores