What are some good exotic scales to learn on the guitar. I already know the double harmonic minor scale. I have a lesson of it on YouTube. Just search hockey39boy39 or double harmonic minor scale lesson. I need some scales to learn that marty Friedman uses. I already know the harmonic minor also. What are some other good exotic scales.

Ps: could you also check out my sweep picking video and tell me how to improve I need help. I put the wrong video up anyway. I had a better one but oh well. That's how it usually sounds. I need MAJOR help with this. I was just fooling around and I bet you all can play it. My and my friend were just making a guitar world video LOL.
Anymore suggestions would be welcomed. Did I break a rule or something by talking about YouTube. If I did I'm sorry.
When he's soloing Marty Friedman doesn't think in terms of scales, watch this: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5777562536751428345&ei=OEROSrKyM4Lp-AaxvKS9Ag&q=marty+friedman+melodic+control it'll help you understand why Friedman sounds the way he does.

Edit: Watched the sweeping video, you need to slow down until it's clean and only speed up if you can keep it clean.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Jul 3, 2009,
Yeah thanks. I really need to slow it down. I had it perfect but now I can't do it anymore. I went from slow to really fast. Friedman makes up his own scales that's why he is such a different style of guitar playing.
I'm a fan of Hungarian Minor and artificial scales. Also, try composing twelve-tone/atonal music.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Deanguitarist39
Yeah thanks. I really need to slow it down. I had it perfect but now I can't do it anymore. I went from slow to really fast. Friedman makes up his own scales that's why he is such a different style of guitar playing.

If you can't do it clean and up to speed now you never really had it to begin with.

Freidman doesn't think in terms of scales at all, he uses arpeggios and notes that he knows work derived from the chords he's playing over.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
If you can't do it clean and up to speed now you never really had it to begin with.

Freidman doesn't think in terms of scales at all, he uses arpeggios and notes that he knows work derived from the chords he's playing over.

I can do it sloiw but how long do you think it will take me to learn them fast if I practice them 30 minutes a day?
Quote by Deanguitarist39
I can do it sloiw but how long do you think it will take me to learn them fast if I practice them 30 minutes a day?

As long as it takes. To a true student a year is as a day.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.