hey pit ive been trying my best to find a friggin job everywhere is saying they are "taking applications" but thats just a nice way of saying we'll never call you back and i was just wondering is anyone else having this kind of problem
Frontbassman sucks in the nicest way possible

Kevin and Kelsey 12-03-2007

well at least you can now spend your entire day here
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
nope, got a job not too long ago. and in Michigan, no less. what are the odds?
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
read title and loled,

as you see for every lol i put i recieve 1 unit of money.
-no sig-
I'm trying to find a job. I'm one of those 'leave-it-till-the-last-minute' guys. So, I haven't got anywhere.
I got laid off in November, and nobody is going to do any hiring when the country is STILL losing half a million jobs a month. It's made worse by the fact that all my professional training is in the automotive industry, which probably has the largest supply of trained, out-of-work people than every other industry put together.
Quote by Not a Les Paul
I got laid off in November, and nobody is going to do any hiring when the country is STILL losing half a million jobs a month. It's made worse by the fact that all my professional training is in the automotive industry, which probably has the largest supply of trained, out-of-work people than every other industry put together.

wow dude that sucks the only place ive ever worked was in an italian restaurant washing dishes...

You're going to have a hard time finding a job in the summer. I know I am.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Yep. Never thought my only way to earn money would be guitar. What little I have coming in is from gigs.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Just look for mad places online and if they don't call you back you have to go to the place and actually talk to them. I'm working at friggin Six Flags Great Adventure right now... its garbage. they are a bunch of damn Nazi's there dude. But yeah, good luck with your job hunt.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Yep. Never thought my only way to earn money would be guitar. What little I have coming in is from gigs.

thats where all of my money is coming from but we gotta split it five ways so its not very much

yeah the state of the economy is doing this, it's hard to find jobs, where i work they have a stack of 50 applications just sitting there that they're eventually going to just throw away. best of luck to you though
i don't have an actual employer, but since i have a really athletic build i get random call from friends and family who ask me to do manual labor for them and i get $10/hr cash. But I do have the same prob, i've applied to like 4 places and nobody has called back.
Quote by kevin14u2nv
thats where all of my money is coming from but we gotta split it five ways so its not very much

I'm in a couple of groups, one in which we split it about 8/10 ways depending on who plays with us that night, one 4 ways, one 3 ways and I do some stuff on my own when I can. It brings in maybe 100-200 a week. Bull****.
Quote by LordBishek
Paddy's mum's paying me to make her feel like a woman.

Dude, that sucks for you.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I'm in a couple of groups, one in which we split it about 8/10 ways depending on who plays with us that night, one 4 ways, one 3 ways and I do some stuff on my own when I can. It brings in maybe 100-200 a week. Bull****.
Dude, that sucks for you.

Why? She's only ironing my shirts
Quote by LordBishek
Why? She's only ironing my shirts

She's terrible at ironing. Always leaves creases in the back and arms.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Nope. I handed in an application the middle of last month, went for an interview last Thursday an my job training starts in August. You're just having terrible luck mate.

That being said, give BTO's Takin' Care Of Business a listen, then watch this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBOFbTYNQcE

Preferably all of it, but 7:29-end if you're in a rush.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
I feel your pain, nobody is hiring around here.
The fact that I have a severe limp, and have to sit down every 5 minutes isn't helping either.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

I work behind a bar, and am a doorman.

Though, I go back to college in September, from being off a year. So I'll only be working about 12-15 hours a week, compared to the usual 30.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
She's terrible at ironing. Always leaves creases in the back and arms.

You're right, I'll have to do these again myself
Keep trying. Never give up. If it takes too long, call them back and say 'I was wondering if you had a chance to look at my resume'. It'll express to them you really want the job.