Hi all. Just wondering if Kramer necks will fit a Strat sized pocket? My Strat's neck is a bit thick for my tastes and there's a tiny chip at the 21st fret. Otherwise it's great, smooth, etc... would I have to install a locking nut, though? I always see Kramer necks being routed for a Floyd and whatnot. I've also heard good things about Mighty Mite.

Also wondering if anyone knows a good neck maker whose necks will fit an Epiphone pocket? My Les Paul feels a bit too rough. I sanded it lightly for a more satin feel but that didn't help... I can't quite explain how it feels, I just wanna get a better neck for it. Preferably something with an ebony fingerboard.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Jul 3, 2009,
man don't bump your threads unless no one is giving you info after 2 weeks, delete them or i'll report you.

The kramer neck should fit with a few modifications (sanding/ shims)

The epi though is a set neck am i right? There for irreproachable unless you want to get a pro to do it for like $500
Cam, calm down buddy, Raijouta's a good guy.
No, that's an LP special II.

Rai, sadly to say, Epi neck pockets are uniquely shaped. You'll have to get a custom neck. Sorry.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i wasn't going off, i was just saying that i will report him for spam if he doesn't delete his bumping posts.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I think I'll look more into Mighty Mite, though, the lack of locking nut is more appealing.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
yeah, plus mighty mite are a direct fit for fender guitars so its likely they'll fit in another strat pocket
Quote by guitarcam123
i wasn't going off, i was just saying that i will report him for spam if he doesn't delete his bumping posts.

Yeah because him bumping his posts somehow hurts you... I am sorry you're offended.

And Raijouta, ever consider doing so yourself? This is GB&C, and necks aren't that difficult. That way it'd be exactly how you wanted it if you took your time.
it didn't offend me, it offended the rules. Why does every one hang shit on me when he's breaking the rules?

Usually i would've reported him but instead I told him to delete his posts. And if he doesn't then i'll report him. I gave him a chance, a warning instead of straight of dobbing him in.
Quote by guitarcam123
man don't bump your threads unless no one is giving you info after 2 weeks, delete them or i'll report you.

The kramer neck should fit with a few modifications (sanding/ shims)

The epi though is a set neck am i right? There for irreproachable unless you want to get a pro to do it for like $500

You're a troll... This thread is new...I'll report you for trolling.

You don't know why people give you **** for reporting it's because you are just another moderator wanna-be.

Just leave the thread mate.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Last edited by KISSguitarist at Jul 4, 2009,
if no one respected the rules this forum would be a pile of sh1t with people spamming and everyone would leave so dont be mad at people who want to keep it clean for your pleasure.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Quote by fullsailstudent
no one respects the rule of this forum anyway, it's a pile of shit with people spamming and all of the regulars leaving, so I'll just bitch for no reason and not contribute to this thread at all.

*fixed*

And Raijouta, don't worry about needing to install a locking nut. Any neck that is routed for a floyd nut will accept a regular nut just fine, but as far as I know kramers have square heels and strats have rounded pockets.

I don't know about epiphone pockets, but really any neck will fit any pocket with a little work, so long as the scale lengths match up.

Rep the jamrock man!
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.