Hey everyone. I've been looking into some flatwound strings for my fretless bass lately. In my quest to find ones that won't cost me an arm and a leg, I came across these:

http://www.rondomusic.com/indie6fw.html

I've never heard of this brand, and judging by the searchbar, not many people here have either. Has anyone ever had any experience with these?

The only thing that really worries me is the fact that they're from Rondo Music, and I'm sure some of you know how I feel about the SX bass I got from there. I guess as long as they're not the ones producing the strings then it wouldn't really be relevant.

Thanks in advance.
Whats good about flats is that they last for years, because of this I managed to justify spending £30+ on strings, whereas if I was buying rounds I'd only spend around £20
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
im thread jacking this because i have a similar problem. i play a 5 string mexican jazz at my school, and wanted to put flats on it. one problem is that i get $25 for strings from the school budget every year. i usually put on some ernie ball super slinkies, but i wanna try flats. can anyone recomend me some good, cheap 5 string flats????
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Quote by primusclaypool1
im thread jacking this because i have a similar problem. i play a 5 string mexican jazz at my school, and wanted to put flats on it. one problem is that i get $25 for strings from the school budget every year. i usually put on some ernie ball super slinkies, but i wanna try flats. can anyone recomend me some good, cheap 5 string flats????

Look at D'addario chromes
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Hmm. I'll try to look for a better brand then. It's tricky looking for them since I have a 6-string, but I'll keep Googling my ass off.

Thanks for the help.
Quote by IndianRockStar
As far as I know most people have heard of Rondomusic. There was a huge thread on it sometime ago.

Yeah, a lot of people seem to like Rondo Music and SX basses. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a single thread about this particular brand of strings, so it gave me the idea nobody has tried them.