For a guitar project starting sometime this year, I had the idea to make an extremely versatile guitar that I can pretty much use for anything. I'm buying a Schecter C-1 classic, and replacing the SD JB in the bridge with a Bare Knuckle Nailbomb. I decided to build a few pedals into it. How complicated a job would it to be to put the circuits from a tuner, Fuzz Factory, and maybe a Carbon Copy delay into it? I'm fine with the wiring, but would I need to do a lot of extra cutting, or would they fit in in control cavity, and I'd just need to drill holes for the pots?
It would probably prove to be very difficult to wire one extra circuit into the control cavity, let alone three.

You would have to worry about grounding everything, and having all the components secured so that nothing will move around and short. It would be a really hard thing to do, might not even be possible. Unless you are looking to completely hollow out the body of the guitar--which would send the tone to hell--you are going to have a tough time
I think you would need to do some extra routing. For a tuner, you would need to drill alot of small holes into the top for the LEDs/display, which could get a bit difficult. With a Fuzz Factory and Carbon Copy, you might want seperate cavities for those, just so things arent too complicated. Thats alot of knobs and switches on one guitar IMO.
It seems to me that it would make switching a nightmare mid-song as well... the whole point of foot pedals is that you don't have to use your hands...
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Maybe a small multi effects like the Pandora or similar would be better.
You would have to do A LOT of routing for that.

Have you ever seen inside a tuner or a carbon copy? The PCBs are as large as the pedals are.
I wouldn't mind a bit of routing, it's the grounding that might be a bit annoying. I'm still not sure about the tuner, since that's not really necessary, I just thought I might as well put one in. As for switching, pedals are easy, but I like the idea of being able to change settings quickly in the middle of a song besides just turning the pedal on and off, because I'm looking for a really diverse sound.
Quote by makuserusukotto
You would have to do A LOT of routing for that.

Have you ever seen inside a tuner or a carbon copy? The PCBs are as large as the pedals are.

Sorry for the double post... but no, I haven't. I've taken apart a few distortion pedals and it didn't seem to big, wasn't sure about the others.
Quote by qotsa1998
I think you would need to do some extra routing. For a tuner, you would need to drill alot of small holes into the top for the LEDs/display, which could get a bit difficult. With a Fuzz Factory and Carbon Copy, you might want seperate cavities for those, just so things arent too complicated. Thats alot of knobs and switches on one guitar IMO.

My Epi LP has a
A standard 3-way switch for the pups.
Fernandes Sustainer - 2 Switches.
SD P-Rails -
--- --- --- 1 for the mid pup splitting options, 1 for the phase/paralell
--- --- --- 1 for the bridge pup splitting options, 1 for the phase/paralell

7 Switches
It also has a Floyd Rose.

I'm gonna route a tuner in too.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
It would be more than a 'bit' of routing. You would need to desolder the pcb mounted jacks on a Carbon Copy then rout out at least 4 x 2 1/2 x 1. And that's just for one pedal.

Just get some Third Hand pedals, or a multi-effects that lets you assign expression pedals where ever you want them.

Not only would you need to do a lot of routing, but a Carbon Copy would eat a battery very quickly.
Quote by Kingyem0c0re
My Epi LP has a
A standard 3-way switch for the pups.
Fernandes Sustainer - 2 Switches.
SD P-Rails -
--- --- --- 1 for the mid pup splitting options, 1 for the phase/paralell
--- --- --- 1 for the bridge pup splitting options, 1 for the phase/paralell

7 Switches
It also has a Floyd Rose.

I'm gonna route a tuner in too.

That sound cool...how do you like the sustainer? I was thinking about getting an Ebow but don't really like the way it works.
Quote by cleft11
Do you want to buy my Schecter C-1 Classic?

No thanks, I've already got someone who's selling me one.
Quote by mrawesome2142
but I like the idea of being able to change settings quickly in the middle of a song

I know this does nothing to address your question about installing in a guitar, but sometimes I gig barefoot so that I can turn knobs with my toes. Just a thought.
I'll just throw in that it would be much cheaper, and would take less space if you built the circuits yourself, instead of taking them out of pre-existing pedals (I don't know if you already intend to do this or not).

Also, you should have no problem getting the fuzz face alone to fit, as it would be a much simpler circuit. The delay may be more difficult, but again, its doable. I wouldn't bother with the tuner though, it'd be too much work, and it just doesn't seem worth having in there to me.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
imo, even if you get to put all of those effects inside your guitar, you'd have a bid problem powering them all up.. either use batteries or DC adapter.. i don't know bout you but i think batteries would die quickly and therefore be more troublesome and less reliable.. with a DC power supply, how on earth would you connect that to your guitar? you could look like an octopus with all the wires hanging down from your guitar..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Quote by Tempoe
That sound cool...how do you like the sustainer? I was thinking about getting an Ebow but don't really like the way it works.

eBows are awful, I'm glad I sold mine.
I thought, I'll get one to replace the use of a sustainer instead of buying a new for one for another guitar, it's awful, the sustainer you can let go and it sustains.
With the eBow, you NEED to use a hand, so you don't get that sorta feel imo.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
its definitely possible because most of matt bellamys guitars have some sort of effect circuit built in, though he gets his specially made by a company called manson. check them out it might give you some tips
the carbon copy has to go in your effects loop of your amp, unless you don't plan on using distortion ever.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
^yeah, not so much.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb