So, im going to try out some pedals soon, and since the stock is rather large, id like some advice on what to try and what to steer clear from.

I've already got an EHX Small Clone, so i dont need a chorus.

Heres the site that im going to, so you know what is available.

http://www.deluxeguitars.com.au/sales.asp

What id like are: Id prefer the reverb to be around the price of the Dr Scientist RRR ($430 AU) And the Delay to be around $200-250 AU, but if its worth it i'll shell out the extra. The Wah, im not sure on price, just not more than $250-270 AU? Lower the better.

AND, are these prices on this site fairly reasonable? Id like to buy from here as the servce is great, and i dont know of anywhere else in Melbourne near me that stocks such a wide range of pedals.

Reverb: So far, the Dr Scientist RRR (Radical Red Reverberator)
Anything else to look out for? With the reverb, i want it to be amazing and versatile. better than most amps' reverbs, (Excluding high priced Fenders and the like). Is the Dr Scientist RRR overkill?

Delay: Carl Martin Red Repeat looks quite good. Or Hardwire DL-8.
I want it to be very versatile, are these both good options? Or should i get something else? Im not sure whether i want Digital or Analog. Carl Martin is looking to be my pick atm.

MABYE a Wah. Im not really sure, but suggestions very welcome.

Also, any brands from this store that i should stay away from? As in bad reliability or whatever.

I should put the delay and reverb in the loop with the chorus, right?

While im here, i may aswell ask this. How much do you think i could get for a Ibanez SAS36FM in Australia? Its in excellent condition, (no visible marks or anything) and i will get it setup by a pro before i sell it. Any rough ideas?

If ive left anything out, im sorry. It 3am over here, and im in desperate need of sleep.

Thanks for suggestion/opinions.
Greco 59-50 Mint Collection - 1982 - Iron Gear Hot Slag/Rolling Mill
Schecter Tempest Classic Goldtop
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB/EF86 2x12 - Lorantz Greenback's
MI Audio Blues Pro Overdrive

Quote by Danyg
^ this guy defines the term "being right".
It's not adviced to put all your pedals in the effects loop. One, or two maximum, in my eyes. The best way to find out how you like it is to experiment as much as you can.

Unless you feel you will use a wah, is it worth getting one? I know a lot of people who just buy wahs because it's a wah and it makes that wacka-wacka sound. But they never end up using them - including myself.

The Carl Martin Red Repeat is an excellent pedal, but doesn't have as fast delay as the Hardwire DL-8. I personally prefer the tone of the Rep Repeat but the features of the Hardwire. The "octo" addition is awesome.

I haven't played the DR. Scientist Reverd pedal so I can't properly comment. If you like the tone of it though... sorted.

Try the Crowther Audio Hotcake OD pedal - it's fantastic.

Voodoo Lab Tremolo

Mad Professor Might Red Distortion
and Mello Yellow Tremolo

TC Electronics Nova Delay

They're the only pedals I really have experience with that I can see. And those are out of your budget unfortunately. I have only just realised; it's probably because of the exchange or the tax applied to them.
Thanks AngryGoldsfish. I dont think i would really use a wah, ill still try some out though, probably not buy one, and even if i did, i'd jsut get a cheaper one.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

I really need some advice here.

Quote by Danyg
OD/Dist./Fuzz/Boost/Comp go in front of the amp. Delays/Modulation/reverb can go in the effects loop, but it's personal preference. They may sound better in front of the amp.
I think ill get the Carl Martin.

Do you think the Dr Scientist RRR is a bit over the top for a reverb for only home use?
If i were to get a cheaper reverb, what would you suggest?

Im only thinking this because with the money saved, i could get my guitar set up properly, which is something ive been wanting to do for a long time, and get another pedal of some kind, and buy the items needed to mod my Small Clone.

What do you think?

Quote by Danyg
Quote by AngryGoldfish

TC Electronics Nova Delay

They're the only pedals I really have experience with that I can see. And those are out of your budget unfortunately. I have only just realised; it's probably because of the exchange or the tax applied to them.

This, although I'm pretty sure the exchange rate pushes it out of your range. Maybe an MXR Carbon Copy if you want an affordable analog delay. Although I'm not a huge fan of them myself, a Line 6 DL4 may just fit in your price range. It has a looper built into it as well.
Dude buy from american ebay and get sent over.. i saved $100 a pedal on a big muff pi tone wicker + a small clone!
Ridiculously cheap.
Quote by DiizZ
Do you think the Dr Scientist RRR is a bit over the top for a reverb for only home use?
If i were to get a cheaper reverb, what would you suggest?

Malekko Spring Chicken sounds fantastic.

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
I lived very near to to MOOGAUDIO in montreal ( canada ) . thats a store carrying only boutique effect and amp .

www.moogaudio.com

. the Dr scientist RRR is 315 $ Can ( 340 $ AUD ) .

if you wanna get a look they carry .
-Benfox
-Blackbox
- Carl martin
- Catalinbread
-Copilot
- Cusack
- Death by audio
- Devi Ever
- Diamond
- Dr scientist
- Dytone
- Effector
- Electro Harmonix
- Emma electronic
- Empress
- Eventide
- G2D
- GNI
- Guyatone
- Homebrew
-Ilitch
-Jam
- Kaden
-Keeler
- Lastgasp
-Lehle
-Lovepedal
-Mad professor
-Malekko
-Mg Music
-Mid-Fi electornics
-Mojo hand
-Moolon
-Mxr
-Ohh lala
-Peterson
-pigtronix
-Real mccoy
-red witch
-Roger mayer
-Rothwell
-Seymour duncan
-Solidgold FX
-Sub decay
-T-rex
- Tc electronics
-Way huge
- WMD
-Xotic
-Zvex

if you ever needed something there .. let me know .

does your 430 AUD include Taxes ( if you pay taxes on goods in austrlaia ) and shipping ???
How much do you pay ( taxes ) in australia ??

cause your store seem overpriced to me :

comparing in expmple .

http://www.deluxeguitars.com.au/madprofessor-mightyreddistortion.asp 425 AUD on sale

http://www.moogaudio.com/product_info.php?products_id=1858 299 $ can ( 322 AUD )

100 $ over retail .

their sale price doesnt match the retail at all . depending on how much taxes you pay in Australia .. but im still sure you can saved like 50 $ at least on a pedal .

I.E
this pedal would come out to 299 $ + 13.5 % taxes + lets say 20 $ shipping to australia ( marked as a used item and a low value so you wont pay any custom fee )= 360 $ can ( 388 AUD taxes , shipping included ) . so your store is expensive but their not that overpriced since when they imported from Canada ( or other country ) australia has like a 30 % custom rate fee and import duties ( i know its 30 % with canada ) dunno from other countries . if you can saved those fees and duty ( by having it shipped as a 30 $ value and marked as a gift , then you saved a 50 $+ on most pedal . )
Last edited by Skysc at Jul 4, 2009,
Quote by nightraven
for delay check out the following godsend: nova repeeeaaater

Dear lord... WANT
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Skysc, thanks for all that information, but i would much prefer to buy fom somewhere near me, in case any problems arise.

Im 99% sure that price is out the door. Last time i bought from them it was anyway, so that price includes everything. They do seem quite expensive, but i guess Australia's prices are already high, and the pedals they stock are quite rare in Austalia (as far as i know), so they can afford to mark up a bit, seeing as though theres not much competition.

Id also prefer to buy used, so i get the warranty, and i dont think that a few hundred dollars for a quality pedal is asking too much, as they can last for over 20 years if treated well.

Quote by Danyg