Ok, well I was trying to solder a jack on to a guitar, with solder my dad uses for copper piping when i wondered if there is a different kind of solder better suited to guitars. So yea, what kind of solder do I use?
I don't know if the solder your dad is using is specially made for his usage, but I just use standard, every day solder when doing guitar wiring.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by sglover34479
Ok, well I was trying to solder a jack on to a guitar, with solder my dad uses for copper piping when i wondered if there is a different kind of solder better suited to guitars. So yea, what kind of solder do I use?

That stuff is too heavy for electrical work.

You want Silver Solder from an electronics type shop. (Radio Shack?) or Maplins if you in the UK.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by Skeet UK
That stuff is too heavy for electrical work.

You want Silver Solder from an electronics type shop. (Radio Shack?) or Maplins if you in the UK.

I thought so. I called radioshack and they said they have electronic solder, but i didn't know if that would work, that's what I'll use though.
Pumbing solder is just a metal alloy, the stuff you use for electronics has a flux (anti oxidiser) built in as well as being much thinner. Buy the right stuff and you'll be fine.
i think the consistensy is 60/40
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL