Is there a proper picking technique for the rhythm section in JerryC's Canon Rock?

Example:

|---------------
|-------8-7-5---
|-7-----------7-
|-7-------------
|-5-5-5---------
|---------------
     PM

The two palm muted 5's I play down, then up and alternate pick the rest. Would it be better to just play down, down and then use alternate picking. This applies to the whole rhythm section, not just the above example. Im having trouble with all the string skipping.

Thanks
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Im pretty sure the way your doing it is the way to be
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
If it's the string skipping you're having trouble with then I would personally stick with the way you're playing it right now but if I remember rightly JerryC himself actually picks down on the string skip.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
If it's the string skipping you're having trouble with then I would personally stick with the way you're playing it right now but if I remember rightly JerryC himself actually picks down on the string skip.

I find the downpicking somewhat easier, but the alternate picking creates less tension for me, plus it feels more natural.
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Quote by ~Shred Hero~
I find the downpicking somewhat easier, but the alternate picking creates less tension for me, plus it feels more natural.

If it makes you less tense and feels more natural, then do it that way imho. As long as it sounds the way it's supposed to sound.
Last edited by MicahChaney at Jul 3, 2009,